Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Wildwood Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyscal
I dont own any of these decks yet, but will definately keep tabs on this one. A friend of mine has the Sacred circle, but im not sure will be similiar to this, with a Celtic backround? Very interesting!
If the new version is anything like the Greenwood it will be very different from the Sacred Circle.
Top   #11
Resident

Moonsparkle 

I missed this thread earlier. The Greenwood is one of my very favorite tarot decks that I will probably never own, having discovered it when it was already in collector status.

It sounds like the Wildwood won't be a reissue of the Greenwood I'd love to have, but I'm very interested in seeing what it does turns out to be. But, I'd really love a reissue of the Greenwood....just saying...
Top   #12
Just a little prairie faerie

lark 

http://www.virginialee.co.uk/

This is the possible artists website...so you can get a feel for what the cards might look like.
Top   #13
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark
http://www.virginialee.co.uk/

This is the possible artists website...so you can get a feel for what the cards might look like.
After looking a much of her work at the link above, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be getting that deck. I've pretty much had it with landscapes that are actually people, or "tree people" - that's why I handed my Green Man Tree Oracle on - I despise faces which are masked in a tree trunk, or formed by oddly symmetrical ivy vines or some such.

Too bad.
Top   #14
Citizen

Nevada 

So this isn't the Greenwood back in print. It's just kinda sorta maybe like the Greenwood? I'm not sure that fills the bill for me, I've longed for the real thing so long. I don't want a Greenwood wannabe.

Or did I misunderstand?
Top   #15
Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada
So this isn't the Greenwood back in print. It's just kinda sorta maybe like the Greenwood? I'm not sure that fills the bill for me, I've longed for the real thing so long. I don't want a Greenwood wannabe.

Or did I misunderstand?
Actually I would say it is based on the Greenwood from I gather. It will take the concept and premiss and be done a new (sort of like a movie remake *LOL*), so I am glad they changed the title because it will not be the same deck.
Top   #16
Citizen

MysticalMoose 

Well I for one was fascinated by the art on that website & I'll be very interested to see a deck featuring those scenes or similar!

MM
Top   #17
Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalMoose
Well I for one was fascinated by the art on that website & I'll be very interested to see a deck featuring those scenes or similar!
Me too!
Top   #18
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada

Or did I misunderstand?
No, you didn't, Nevada.
I think that if you compare the art on the original Celtic Shaman's Pack (Potter's work) to the new Celtic Shaman's Pack, you might get an idea how the Wildwood would differ from teh Greenwood.

I haven't seen the new CSP, FWIW.

If the new art follows the old art very closely, then it might be worth the purchase. But if the cards are all new - no way for me. Of course, I have the original, which I got back in the day and paid retail. Perhaps if I didn't have it the Wildwood would make some sense for me.
Top   #19
Citizen

magpie9 

Does anyone know if there is a projected publishing date?
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.