Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

FaireMaiden 

Thanks so much Alta and evelone! I'm gonna go for the 'Golden'. I didn't realize the 'Touchstone' was all portraiture, so that was extremely helpful to me in making my choice. Another successful enabling! *lol*
Top   #21
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
Kipling West's Halloween Tarot

OK, other than the cards alone are a mere 12.24 at Amazon, another reason to get this cute little deck?

Not sure if I want to be EN or DE EN abled on this one, so posting both places and weighing results....oh, it's so cute!

I know a ton of you must have this one!

Thanks,
GD
Top   #22
Citizen

lunakasha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane
OK, other than the cards alone are a mere 12.24 at Amazon, another reason to get this cute little deck?

Not sure if I want to be EN or DE EN abled on this one, so posting both places and weighing results....oh, it's so cute!

Thanks,
GD
If you love Halloween and find yourself attracted to the artwork of Kipling West, then this deck is a MUST have, in my opinion.

And yes, the amazon price makes it almost irresistible. My favorite version is the slightly-smaller deck in a tin. The cardstock is PERFECT, and the tin allows you to take them with you everywhere.

Luna
Top   #23
XII. The Hanging Cat

rachelcat 

Yes, yes! A must-have. It's clever and fun, the illustrations are excellent, and it's in a TIN! Can't lose! Oh, and there's a black cat on every card as a kind of Greek chorus. How could you possibly pass that up??!! (said the cat . . .)

Buy!
Top   #24
Citizen

Glitterbird 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane

Thanks,
GD
Yes of course you want this deck!! It's a great special little deck that you can use year round. Or just save it for fall, to make it extra special.
It's creepy good fun. And it reads very true and easy. RWS system. Colors are bright and the pictures are clear. Whats not to love!!
Top   #25
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
Thanks Glitterbird!

OOOH, it's cute!

GD
Top   #26
Citizen

Silver Crow 

I have both the Golden and the Touchstone. I would say get both, but first you should try the Golden. The cards are a dream to shuffle after a few days of break in, the size is shuffles well even for my short stubby fingers. The artwork is divine and easy to read if you are familiar with the RWS system.

The Touchstone cards are a bit larger, and a bit tougher to shuffle. The portraits take some getting used to, but after some time with it, it will all fall into place.

I like the Golden more for every day reading, and even use it for reading to elderly people who are not familiar with tarot, the nudity is classic and the artwork is easy for others to understand.
Top   #27
Citizen

MysticalMoose 
Thumbs up

Another vote here for The Halloween! it's a great deck with a cheeky personailty Bright & cheerful & yes with black cats a plenty It's a good all round, all YEAR round deck. I have the Kit with the companion book which is well written & gives good info In fact this thread has prompted me to get mine out & use it so tomorrow it will be popped into my bag! Go For It! It's a deck everyone should have
Top   #28
Citizen

FaireMaiden 
Golden or Touchstone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Crow
I have both the Golden and the Touchstone. I would say get both, but first you should try the Golden. The cards are a dream to shuffle after a few days of break in, the size is shuffles well even for my short stubby fingers. The artwork is divine and easy to read if you are familiar with the RWS system.

The Touchstone cards are a bit larger, and a bit tougher to shuffle. The portraits take some getting used to, but after some time with it, it will all fall into place.

I like the Golden more for every day reading, and even use it for reading to elderly people who are not familiar with tarot, the nudity is classic and the artwork is easy for others to understand.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Silver Crow... you gave a great review of the decks, which is much appreciated! I'm gonna go with the 'Golden' for now, *vbs*. Well-done!!!
Top   #29
Citizen

Chiriku 

I was going to request an "enablement" (real word? I care not) for the Place vampire deck but the Tarot of Vampyres thread currenty exploding is its own self-contained enabling thread par excellence.

Some of the posters in that thread (HearthCricket, HearthCricket, Hea--) are consummate enablers. I suspect they are used car salespeople in their daily lives.
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.