Your Tarot Your Way book

Citrin

Ooh I adore her, this looks very promising! :)

Ix Chel

Does anyone has this book? I am thinking about buying it. Is there something new in it?

AnjouTwo

I am currently reading it, and while it contains a lot of Barbara's wit and wisdom, it really was written for beginners and starts from a place of little or no previous experience with tarot.

gregory

So am I and while I agree that it is kind of a beginner's book, I always read her stuff, as every SINGLE time she comes in with something new to me. (And if you are lucky enough to meet her and ask her about something - she will add MORE new stuff... That was a real privilege.)

One thing I think will help many people is the idea that ANY deck can work. So many people ask if x meaning will also be true if you use y deck instead of a. How to make your OWN connections.

I like.

Linfang

I just finished this book. It may be aimed at beginners, but I think it is well worth reading even of you are not a novice. I like the conversational style and the sound information. As someone already commented, I always find new and intriguing ideas when reading Barbara Moore's books.

Highly recommended!

gregory

I have now finished reading it and absolutely agree. I think BARBARA discovers new stuff all the tie and adds it in whenever she writes.

Achlys

I am currently reading it, and while it contains a lot of Barbara's wit and wisdom, it really was written for beginners and starts from a place of little or no previous experience with tarot.

That's a shame. Hopefully she will write a more in-depth book for us old-timer tarot biddies!

gregory

That's a shame. Hopefully she will write a more in-depth book for us old-timer tarot biddies!
Here's one on spreads: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/spreads-moore
And I don't DO spreads !
And this isn't a beginner book really.

There are also all the excellent companion books to decks that she has written - every last one has stuff that relates to tarot in general, and that I hadn't seen before I read the companion book. And she wrote large chunks of Tarot Fundamentals and Tarot Experience (Lo Scarabeo).

ETA and her blog....

http://www.tarotshaman.com/blog

gregory

WELL ACTUALLY - since you suggested it - I just asked her. She is open to the idea, but not to another "Have some more ways to read a card" books, as there are plenty. What would you LIKE in an "advanced" book?

I know she has had one very interesting (to me) idea, but I hesitate to mention it till I have asked her if I may... Which I have done, and if she says OK, I will start a new thread.