Professional Tarot Certification?

Lillie

Ok.

I'll certify you for a packet of tobacco.

And I'll get the dog to stamp it for you. You know how paw prints are the coolest things.

And, I was certified myself...
(but that was nothing to do with tarot...)

gregory

Lillie said:
Ok.

I'll certify you for a packet of tobacco.

And I'll get the dog to stamp it for you. You know how paw prints are the coolest things.

And, I was certified myself...
(but that was nothing to do with tarot...)
OK - a packet of Maltesers and free postage.

I was ALMOST certified.... I went in voluntarily just in time :D

Lillie

One piece of half chewed chewing gum,
and I'll deliver it in person, dressed as the cartoon character of your choice.

How can you say no to that!

Sophie

You lot are certifiable :D

gregory

Helvetica said:
You lot are certifiable :D
And you aren't ? :p

YOU offered to do it FREE. That makes you the maddest of us all. (Pre-chewed gum ? :bugeyed: Lillie wins.)

Sophie

Mad as a hatter or a March hare, according to my mother, and she's never wrong ;)

Well, never mind the nay-sayers, I can think of a few useful things one can do with a tarot certificate:

- if the course and certificate are very expensive (i.e. more than a malteser, a chewing gum or free), then you might find yourself short of funds, especially if you are moving house at the same time. Therefore the certificate can be framed and serve as ornament. As it's unlikely to be large, and has writing on it, suggest the loo.

- certificates are usually made out of semi-rigid paper, which is ideal for making origami or other paper art pieces.

- you can use it to isolate your wooden table from hot mugs, or folded to stabilise a wobbly table.

- waving your certificate, you might be able to bluff your way into a used-car-salesmen convention. Or you can use it to obtain a visa in countries that demand formal proof of education, assuming you have no other.

- if a querent comes back to you saying that everything you told him in your reading was innacurate, you can silently point to the certificate, safe in the knowledge that whatever querents think, your certificate tells you you are a wonderful tarot reader.

Any other uses people can think of? ;)

Dwaas

When ripped to pieces it would blend in easy with catlitter I guess and it would give a certain cachet to something profane as a cat toilet. I'm sure kitty will appreciate. :D

Queenofkingh

Monkeys

You bloody cheeky tarot monkeys!!! :) LOL

When I spoke about certification I actually meant assessmentI was meaning to look for a quality tarot course with assessment.

Are there any out there?

For astrology, you have loads of good schools & courses with assessment, is it the same for tarot?

I dont want to end up paying £200 for old mother hubbards tarot course when I wont learn shite. :)

TIA

Queeny x

tmgrl2

Queenofkingh said:
You bloody cheeky tarot monkeys!!! :) LOL

When I spoke about certification I actually meant assessmentI was meaning to look for a quality tarot course with assessment.

Are there any out there?

For astrology, you have loads of good schools & courses with assessment, is it the same for tarot?

I dont want to end up paying £200 for old mother hubbards tarot course when I wont learn shite. :)

TIA

Queeny x

LOL, Queeny....

Cheeky Tarot monkeys...yes!! As you can see from the responses, we have many of those, although I believe Helvetica's post takes the banana!

Underneath all those jokey posts, is

Nothing....what most of the replies are saying to you is....

At this point in time....

Skip Old Mother Hubbard's Tarot course, and maybe spend the money on a lovely deck or two, some journaling notebooks, maybe a good book or two
(You can check out many titles here at AT....Tarot Books and Media)

and, of course, browse and search right here at AT. You'll find what you need, including the confidence to move forward as you read....we have a lovely bunch of coconu.....er, monke.....er....Tarot readers here.

Certainly, you will find people here who have certificates and some Certified Grand Masters......But when one reads for another, it would seem that few if any are asked for their certification. People have asked me how I got interested in Tarot and some have asked if there is certification.

I have a bit of a speech I give them about the existence of some certification "boards."

What matters is the personal ethics you bring to the table.

What matters is that you attempt to learn through the process of reading, why the person has come to you and not gone elsewhere for information. Or, if they have gone elsewhere, what do they expect from you.

Then, holding their spirit gently within, go forward and do your best.

JMHO
terri