Can a minor support a pair of majors in a reading?

MrsTodd

I drew 3 for a friend of mine, a well known (to our area) intuitive.

First draw; major. Second draw; major. Third draw; minor.

I felt in this case that it was almost the minor was supporting and validating the first 2 cards.

that's not impossible, is it?

rwcarter

If that's the way you interpreted the spread, then, yes, that's possible. Assuming three cards without positional meanings to provide context to their interpretations, most anything is possible.

Of course we'd need to know the specific cards and the question that was asked to give a definitive answer, but then that would make this a Your Readings thread.

MrsTodd

If that's the way you interpreted the spread, then, yes, that's possible. Assuming three cards without positional meanings to provide context to their interpretations, most anything is possible.

Of course we'd need to know the specific cards and the question that was asked to give a definitive answer, but then that would make this a Your Readings thread.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I considered the YR board, but I was more curious about a minor validating the majors in the spread.

That's what it felt to me. I hope others may consider it :)

Grizabella

When I draw 3 cards, if there's one Major and two Minors, I put the Major into the center between the two Minors. I think I'd do the same with the Minor card and put it between the two Majors just to see whether there that made the message more recognizable.

And I agree with Rodney---you're in the driver's seat. However you read it is the "right" way, really. There aren't any ironclad rules with the cards.

MrsTodd

When I draw 3 cards, if there's one Major and two Minors, I put the Major into the center between the two Minors. I think I'd do the same with the Minor card and put it between the two Majors just to see whether there that made the message more recognizable.

And I agree with Rodney---you're in the driver's seat. However you read it is the "right" way, really. There aren't any ironclad rules with the cards.

As I was reading them, I considered 'the rule'...and then tossed it aside. It didn't feel correct for this reading. So I did what felt proper.

And she responded very well to my interpretation.

It's all good. :)

nisaba

I felt in this case that it was almost the minor was supporting and validating the first 2 cards.

that's not impossible, is it?

Of course not. If that's how you intuited it on that occasion, it was right for that occasion. I don't think I would have even questioned it. :)

Barleywine

I generally see a scenario like yours as the minor card bringing things "down to Earth" in more human terms. Major cards can represent a "big picture" perspective that can be difficult to shoehorn into the dimensions of everyday life; that's the ideal domain of the minor cards. It's kind of like the reading is "getting the range" or "zeroing in" on particulars. I might also see it as a "gateway" for the archetypal energies (although I suppose there could be a risk of "circuit overload" that defeats successful integration - the "trying to put 10 pounds of 'stuff' into a 5-pound bag" situation).

MrsTodd

Of course not. If that's how you intuited it on that occasion, it was right for that occasion. I don't think I would have even questioned it. :)

I'm such a follower of rules by nature that I felt the need to do so initially. However, I'm glad I went with feeling.

MrsTodd

I generally see a scenario like yours as the minor card bringing things "down to Earth" in more human terms. Major cards can represent a "big picture" perspective that can be difficult to shoehorn into the dimensions of everyday life; that's the ideal domain of the minor cards. It's kind of like the reading is "getting the range" or "zeroing in" on particulars. I might also see it as a "gateway" for the archetypal energies (although I suppose there could be a risk of "circuit overload" that defeats successful integration - the "trying to put 10 pounds of 'stuff' into a 5-pound bag" situation).

When the majors were drawn, that's what it felt like...too much. And then the minor was pulled...and you summed it up perfectly, it brought the majors down to earth. Good analogy. :)