Your very own list of "Top Ten Decks of All Time"

Tansey Ella

Of the decks I own my top ten in no particular order( except number 1)
1. Quest - I got to be this man's biggest fan.
2. Osho Zen- so zen
3. 78 doors- interesting and very readable
4. Bosch Tarots- wild and weird stuff
5. Rohrig -beautiful
6. Waking the Wild Spirit- fun fun fun
7. Victorian Romantic- just love it
8. Gilded- it has fun spirit that I enjoy
9. Deviant Moon- scared me to death at first but it cracks me up now.
10.Whimsical- adorable deck that I can use for children.
11. Quantum -newly discovered and I love this deck. reminds me of the Quest
I'd like to give Miss Cleo an honorable mention b/c it really is a good deck and reads great.
also I use the Medicine cards a lot.

Of the decks I do not own
The Rainbow Bridge would be what I consider a Number 1 deck. I hope it is published one day.
also The Pen Tarot, I hope to own it one day, beautiful and deep.

faunabay

Like firefrost I missed this the first time around. So here's my top 10 now. Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize I may not have 10. hmmm.....

Victorian Romantic (by a long shot)
Thoth (I AM going to learn it one of these days)
Merryday
Fey
Robin Wood (the first deck I "got")

And then I'd add a few oracles too:
Froud Faeries
Oracle of the Dragonfae

nisaba

faunabay said:
Like firefrost I missed this the first time around. So here's my top 10 now. Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize I may not have 10. hmmm.....
<grin> don't worry about it - I only got to eight absolute favourites although there are a lot of other decks I like. I'm only 48 though - I suppose the last two slots are for decks as yet undiscovered, or decks I might <gulp> design myself.

victoria.star

i like the idea of paring down to 10 decks.
the minimalism of it appeals to the half of me that doesnt usually wind up in charge of the information seeker (read: obsessive compulsive :) ) half of me that seems to be holding the reins!

in no particular order:
VR
BG
Sakki Sakki
Maat
Anna K
FM
Fairytale (mrp)
Morgan Greer
Bosch
Halloween

nisaba

victoria.star said:
i like the idea of paring down to 10 decks.

Bosch
Aha, another person with taste!

victoria.star

it reads really well with me.
i often thought i was 'off me rocker' !
glad to know i am not alone out here :)

2_Journey

In no particular order...

1. Fey
2. Archeon
3. Llewellyn
4. Tarot of the Four Elements
5. Shining Tribe
6. DruidCraft
7. Druid Animal Oracle, with the Druid Plan Oracle thrown in although I don't love that one quite as much
8. Bohemian Gothic

I couldn't do a top 10! I only made it to 8! I have the Osho Zen and the Cosmic Tribe are both in the mail. If I love them as much as I think I might, they might fill the 9 and 10 spot. Except the Legacy of the Divine and Dame Fortune's Wheel are also coming out soon, so they might make it to the top ten as well.

A lot of the top ten decks I'm reading in this thread are not discussed too often. I find it interesting how the subjects for deck discussions waxes and wanes.

Freddie

UMMM.... this is difficult here.....

1. Medieval Scapini

2. Morgan Greer

3. James Bond Witches Tarot

4. Golden Tarot (Kat black)

5. Swiss 1JJ

6. Tarot Classic

7. Soprafino

8. Illuminated RW or blue tartan backed version

9. Tarot De Paris

10. Tarot of a Moon Garden

The Big daddy of them all............. no catagory for these folks.

VISCONTI Gutenburg type.

freddie

WolfyJames

In alphabetical order:

Archeon Tarot: the only photocollage deck I love.

Tarot of Dreams: the only digital deck I love, so beautiful.

Druidcraft Tarot: I've been waiting for so long for this one, the perfect pagan deck (for me anyway).

Fairytale Tarot: same, the perfect fairytale deck (I have a few), I love fairytales.

Gothic Tarot: the perfect gothic, romantic and dark deck all wrapped in one.

Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal: modern, beautiful, pretty lines, celestial, vibrant colors, deep, occult, the perfect "Thoth" deck for me (I've been looking around for one).

Lunatic Tarot: I love manga and asian art and this one is quite pretty and fully illustrated.

Medieval Tarot: I love medieval art, I have a few medieval tarot decks but this one is the workable one so far on top of being pretty.

Medieval Cat Tarot: I love cats, I love medieval art and I love the italian old tarot deck style, and this one wraps all three in one workable deck. And on top of that, the ginger cat on the cards ressembles a lot my ginger cat Maurice.

Universal Fantasy Tarot: this deck is the ultimate fantasy deck, I have not used this one for readings though yet (I've got so many decks now).

I'm an eclectic person with various tastes and I think I've looked for the perfect deck for each of my taste and these decks are to me the perfection so far for each of my taste.

Starshower

Hello. Now I realise it's ok to change one's mind / focus / taste / mood / growth-needs etc, I feel it's safe to try this without feeling trapped into some ultimate static statement.

There's just SO ENORMOUSLY MUCH Beauty & Wisdom & Symbolic Depth & Challenge & Fun & Utter Gorgeousness & Friendly Familiarity & Comfort & sheer Joy of ever-growing Understanding to celebrate ... thanks for this wonderful thread! Lol. :)

Universal RWS
Druidcraft
Victorian Romantic
Hanson-Roberts
Morgan-Greer
Glastonbury
Sacred Rose
Wheel of Change
Hallowquest Arthurian
Llewellyn ... or Sacred Circle ... or Mythic ... or Fairytale ... or Tarot of Transformation or ...??? ;)