Now all 78 COLOURED images of Jean-Pierre Payen deck are available!!

eltarot78

probably Firmin CHAPPELLIER have developed a blade cutting or something like.

Yves Le Marseillais

Andy dis moi oui !!

Hello all,

Regarding round corners, I have an indication for 1859 :

The adoption of the round corners returns more handy and less fragile cards.

Yves

DeToX

Hello Kenji and all passionate,

Yes it give me idea to do it in facsimile.

I have many decks in projects after Madenié and Chosson.

This one is in my list of course and I will study this possibility knowing that there is many originals copies of it worldwide.

Kenji you are always searching how to develop our knowledge by this sort of result, orientation and difficult tracking researches.

I thanks you dear Kenji for all you gave, give today and will give in future.

A BIG Electronic Hug to you ;))))

Yves LM

YESH! Thanks and well done Kenji! Gratitude is owed!! And also awesome Yves, I hope this idea comes to fruition. :)

kenji

Thanks everyone:) Honestly, I am feeling it was just a kind of synchronicity: there may have already been many other similar requests sent to them, and considering the swiftness with which they had the work done, they may well have been preparing for uploading the images before my request. But anyway, now we finally have an access -- that's enough:grin:

I remember it was Ross who gave us detailed information about the Payen family and suggested to us that J-P Payen's deck may have preceded Dodal's in time. Gratitude to him.

There have been three "dream decks" that I want to see the light: One is Pierre Madenié (thanks, Yves!), and another is this deck ( thanks IN ADVANCE Yves, LOL). By the way, the rest is the one which is being under construction to be a full 78-card deck, by the hand of my dear friend in Marseilles...;)

Bertrand

Regarding round corners, I have an indication for 1859
the As de Trefle gives precisely 1858 for the deal between BPGrimaud and Firmin Chappellier (with two ps and two ls).
The idea may predate 1858 - not to my knowledge.

Bertrand

Thanks everyone:) Honestly, I am feeling it was just a kind of synchronicity
congratulations are deserved : you're the bringer of the good news ! :)

mrpants

Kenji: Thank you so much! These images have been a pleasure to look at. Also thanks to all, re: rounded corners discussion. I appreciate the date sleuthing! Something else in the database caught my eye:

A couple cards have hand written roman numbers, in the 30s, in the top corners. Any idea what's going on there? (Imperatrice has XXXI, Lamort has XXXIV)

Inconnu

Wonderfully done! I'm enjoying seeing this for the first time.

Much thanks!

Mystavi

A wonderfull tarot ! So fascinating as Dodal.
Many details are signifiants :
- number IIIV on IVSTICE introduced an effect mirror where left and right are indefinite.
- The right hand of the Queen of denier
- the hat of the king of denier is very complex : admirable !
- The seventh cup on 8 of cup is erased
- The central stick of 5 of stick is strongly moved, as on Viéville.
Also, there are these strange cuts on the face of the Valet de bastons (servant of stick) and on the upper denier of 3 of denier. I am very satisfied to find them because there are also (but in largest number) cuts on Viéville. They are not clumsiness of the engraver.
Congratulations to Kenji.

eltarot78

other details I seem significant

the horses straps in LECHARIOR to our left colors green and our right red-colored.
at 4 denier were included the letters P and V inside the shield.

Another thing that caught my attention is the way in which inks have aged over time.
Green has taken a blue tint and blue dye has a very dark, almost blackish.

IIIV will be echoing in IIX?