Camoin-Jodo VS the Noblet

greatdane

I think both the Camo-Jodo and Noblet are just lovely

I must admit I like the Camo for reading for a couple reasons. One, visually, I just like the coloring a bit more, two, the size, I can see it better and three, I like the rounded corners over the sharp teeth of the Noblet (and yes I know one can round corners, but it's a plus to me the Camo is rounded). Historically and for other reasons, I so understand WHY virtually everyone prefers the Noblet. My preference for the Camo Jodo I am sure seems mundane and is, but that is my reasoning for wanting to use it over the Noblet, even though I think the Noblet is stunning.
Interesting you mentioned the CBD and the ISIS, Tarot Heart. THOSE are the two other TdM's I most want!

tarot heart

I must admit I like the Camo for reading for a couple reasons. One, visually, I just like the coloring a bit more, two, the size, I can see it better and three, I like the rounded corners over the sharp teeth of the Noblet (and yes I know one can round corners, but it's a plus to me the Camo is rounded). Historically and for other reasons, I so understand WHY virtually everyone prefers the Noblet. My preference for the Camo Jodo I am sure seems mundane and is, but that is my reasoning for wanting to use it over the Noblet, even though I think the Noblet is stunning.
Interesting you mentioned the CBD and the ISIS, Tarot Heart. THOSE are the two other TdM's I most want!

greatdane, I most heartily recommend that you always go with the one that stimulates your senses the best. If it's the Camo, then by all means, that is the one you should use. I understand what you are saying about the pointed corners on the Noblet. Funny that those corners have never affected me at all. I guess I was too enchanted with the cards to notice. I do like the coloring on the Camo, it's just those darned extra lines that bother me. I noticed them right out of the box and just couldn't bring myself to use the deck at all because of them. You should get the mini if you like the Camo, it's a very good size mini that you might like...:)

greatdane

Thank you Tarot Heart

Well, ignorance is bliss in my case! Since I know so little about TdM's the extra lines are lines I don't notice as extra :). I'm sure the mini of the Camo-Jodo is lovely but part of the reason I like the Camo over the Noblet is the size of the regular cards! I am nearsighted. I read without glasses. But get a spread more than a foot or so from my face and it's not so clear. So I don't go for the minis, but regular size. The Camo is a good size for me. I love how it shuffles and I can see it in a layout.
I think I look at the TdM's ...organically...not historically. It's what appeals to me visually and feels right I go for. But that said, I DO find the Noblet just lovely. It's those little mundane things like being able to see it and the corners....and I must admit the coloring on the Camo just makes me want to look at it. I DO really want the CBD and the ISIS for the same reasons. I like how they look.

Inconnu

I think the rather grandiose claims of Camion & Jodrowsky to being the sole recipients of long lost secret knowledge may of put some folks off. They do both seem to be highly accomplished men but they could of been a little more humble to good effect.

Having said that, this is my daily pack. I really do find it is well presented artistically & keeps the tradition of the images just fine to my eye.

greatdane

Interesting Iconnu

It does seem the claims about the Camo Jodo being THE deck appear to be at least a part of why some readers see it in a certain light. I also get that many readers just like other decks, like the Noblet, more aesthetically. Being so new to the TdM's I just go by the visual, tactile reaction I get to a deck. Looking at some decks that are likely more historically on the money, that are copies of old decks, I understand the importance....historically. But as a reader, we are drawn to what we're drawn to for a myriad of reasons, one of them, why and how we read. I just look at what moves me along my path, which decks in any system or type, seem to help me with insight, perspectives and, in the end, that's which ones appeal to me for whatever reason. I think many readers are like that which accounts for how many decks out there. Different decks speak to different readers.

Kingdubrock

I have both decks and like them both for different reasons. There are admittedly a great many curious things and oddities in the JC deck. But thats why I like it in many ways. I posted a thread asking about a couple of these things (in Tail and Six Toes) but the thread was a non-starter for some reason lol. The issues have since died down for me anyway as i have found more and more resources and located the majority of the additional or changed attributes.
Some of the annoyed/spiteful/side-eye-ish facial expressions on the court cards have been hard to track down, which can certainly influence a reading, but in the end I just like that many obscure changes/additions from so many decks are included in one set of images. Keeps me busy!
Conversely, Enriques' very simple and profound methods, combined with the deceptively simple and profound Noblet deck are a great counter-balance and seem to be serving as my doorway to a deeper, more personal and immediate experience of the cards.

Freddie

Hands down, the Jodo for me. I like the Jodo book too.

I still like my Fournier TDM and use it almost every day.

Freddie

DeToX

It's an odd comparison, brought about because they are the two decks that the OP had to hand. I personally think both are quite good, I like them both, but I don't get that excited about them tbh.