What book/movie worlds do you wish had Tarots?

BodhiSeed

Sci-fi: Any series by Terry Prachett

Other: The Netflix series "Orange is the New Black"

tarotbear

The Golden compass don't need a tarot though, they need to start making those stunning Aliethiometers!

I own a copy of the movie prop of the Golden Compass - quite a beauty and very heavy! However, making it work is another story!

However, since the Golden Compass, by nature, is it's own divinatory device - you would make a Tarot deck that uses a different divinatory advice?

Hmmmm - a deck using the symbols on the aliethiometer - could be similar to a Lemormand!

Glass Owl

The Matrix trilogy - Neo is definitely the Magician!

I've also toyed with the idea of making a deck based on The Twilight saga (book/movies) for some years and created this thread to generate some idea for it. I ended up getting so caught up in my Twilight Audiobook Divination Readings that I forgot about it working on it though. Maybe it is time to start thinking about it again.

tarotbear

If Neo is the Magician - who will The Architect be? :D

tarotbear

That is the one I have, WolfSpirit! It's price has gone up considerably! :eek:

I like how there is absolutely NO description of it with the ad ...makes you want to drop $200 on a gizmo ....

bogiesan

A famous detectives tarot would be fun but to create a full deck you would have to include book, TV and film, I would imagine.

International, transcultural, and spanning two centuries.
A Sherlock Holmes deck is a stretch but he'd make a suit. Agatha Christie's characters and some women, too.

bogiesan

But: What book or movie-worlds do you wish there was a Tarot created with the same World/Theme/Vibe?
(snip)
You? :)

Combining the already esoteric nature of tarot with another mythos...what is esoteric raised to the second power?

Not to hijack the thread but what about tarots for industries or trades? Electricity, physics, chemistry, watercolors, sculpture, watchmakers, fountain pens, computer operating systems, NASCAR, metalsmithing.

To contribute to your initial question, the works of Arthur C. Clarke, Harlan Ellison and Robert Heinlein would make obscure tarots.

Oracle Opus

I know this is a seemingly "dead" thread, but I feel like throwing Twin Peaks out there. There is an artist who has done tarot images but to my knowledge they aren't sold as a deck.