Giving a "face" to your deck?

HallowedNight

Wild Unknown: Death

My Wild Unknown should be getting here today or tomorrow! I wonder if I'll see the same thing after getting to know it. :^D

Krakken

My Wild Unknown should be getting here today or tomorrow! I wonder if I'll see the same thing after getting to know it. :^D

Be ready to give us a tarot face and warning! Tarot XIII its coming tomorrow :)

HallowedNight

Be ready to give us a tarot face and warning! Tarot XIII its coming tomorrow :)
Absolutely! I'm so excited to get to know my new decks, especially with all these cool threads floating around recently. :^P

HallowedNight

Well, here we are! I got my Wild Unknown today and it's reading beautifully, I absolutely love it~ As for it's face...though I don't know it very well yet, I'm already associating this deck with Strength and the Son of Swords, because of the answers to the new deck interview I did with it ((which is right here if you wanna take a look: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242131)). Basically, the Son of Swords because the deck said that was it's biggest strength, and Strength because that's what I'm going to need if I want to have a great relationship with the WU! ((Which I do.))

So right now, I'm sort of picturing it as a lion mixed with an owl... A lowl? :^P Maybe I should draw it.

DaughterOfDanu

I really like this concept and want to try it with more decks when I have time tomorrow. I was torn between the Father of Pentacles (The stag with his rainbow horns), and the Daughter of Wands (The snake wrapped around the branch). So I decided to ask the deck itself and pulled the Father of Pentacles. It does match this deck similar to how I picture it, symbolic of the king of the forest, majestic. It is quiet and confident in it's knowledge and in tune with what is going on around it. I love deer, and with how they chose to place the color in this card it's my favorite of the deck.

Krakken

Well, here we are! I got my Wild Unknown today and it's reading beautifully, I absolutely love it~ As for it's face...though I don't know it very well yet, I'm already associating this deck with Strength and the Son of Swords, because of the answers to the new deck interview I did with it ((which is right here if you wanna take a look: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242131)). Basically, the Son of Swords because the deck said that was it's biggest strength, and Strength because that's what I'm going to need if I want to have a great relationship with the WU! ((Which I do.))

So right now, I'm sort of picturing it as a lion mixed with an owl... A lowl? :^P Maybe I should draw it.

it seems like animals are following you everywhere... :)

MandMaud

With my Wild Unknown, it's probably the Hierophant more than any.

With the Gilded, the King of Pents, maybe because he's my favourite King of Pents and I love to look at his robes.

Tarot Nova: the Chariot (larking about on a bicycle!)
Illuminati: I don't know yet.
Blue Moon Tarot: the High Priestess; not sure why.

MandMaud

Yes definitely, draw it! :)

The other one that sometimes hits my mind's eye for the WU is the King of Swords, that dramatic serpent; also sometimes the Chariot which is so beautiful. But it's easy to get distracted by favourite cards instead of the one that feels like a deck's "face", I'm trying to be careful not to do that.

HallowedNight

It's so interesting to see different cards for each person! Just goes to show that tarot decks really are different depending on who they're with. They're so much more than just decks of cards! I really hope my Llewellyn gets here today so I can see that one too. o wo