Tarot of Prague - General Comments

Gardener

You know, I just noticed that annik, baba-prague and Bean Feasa have recently posted some very cool thoughts about the Ten of Pentacles. Something about it being a Gate to magic, certainly a new idea for me! Anybody chomping at the bit to join in a new card discussion, wondering how we can survive until the weekend, might consider taking a look at the Ten...

Jewel-ry

Gardener said:
You know, I just noticed that annik, baba-prague and Bean Feasa have recently posted some very cool thoughts about the Ten of Pentacles. Something about it being a Gate to magic, certainly a new idea for me! Anybody chomping at the bit to join in a new card discussion, wondering how we can survive until the weekend, might consider taking a look at the Ten...

Yes Gardener, I am up for joining in on that card just to keep things going. I havn't posted on this one yet and found the comments very interesting. I shall have a look at this one today.

:)

baba-prague

Well, I pulled a card this morning, but on the other hand, I would actually really welcome more discussion of the Ten of Pentacles, it's a card that to me resonates with a lot of potential meanings.

The card I pulled was The Star (in fact, it was the second card I pulled, but the first didn't feel right). What shall we do, would it be better to focus on the Star a little later? I would be happier actually posting more about it at the weekend - I should be less mentally fuzzy then (hopefully - this virus seems to cling on, but The Star has got to be a good indication).

Gardener

okay, so we all have ONE DAY to post on the heights and depths of the Ten of Pentacles before baba-prague gets her fever-induced brain to produce who-knows-what ideas about the Star. Gosh golly, time to get cracking!

PS Karen, I'm not sure the Star can count as a flu-cure card when it was the second one you drew, you draw-fiddler you!

baba-prague

Gardener said:
PS Karen, I'm not sure the Star can count as a flu-cure card when it was the second one you drew, you draw-fiddler you!

Ah, a flu-ridden woman is allowed to fiddle draws - it's definitely a known exception to the one-draw only rule ;-)

Sophie

card of the week

Well, rather late than never. I just pulled a card for the week

And the winner is....

.....7 of Wands!

I have to rush off to my birthday party, guys, so I'll post more tomorrow - but I'll open a thread on the 7 of wands, as I can't see one.

Satori

Hello all,
The Prague is new for me, and I've only just started reading with it.
I'm astounded by it. It is really, truly a penetrating deck.
Now perhaps I should wait and see how some of my readings with it go, but, I want to say, that it is already on the top of my list of faves, and will go into my Bag as a take everywhere deck.

And of course, I must add, I love Prudence.

There are many things I love about the deck, especially the clothes, the coloring, but I must say, Little 'ol Pru and her snake in the mirror, well, she is just grand.

Thanks for the deck Baba and Alex. :D

Satori

I'm wondering if anyone in this study group would like to start a reading circle with the deck over in the REX? I need more practice with this deck, and would love to see something happening with readings...but perhaps we can't do that here...and need to stay on the exchange?

Please advise....or comment!

Even if we do a daily draw and read it, and the message is for the next person on the list...or something...

baba-prague

I'd like to try a reading circle. The deck comes into its own when it's read with.
Now, having said that I am a bit swamped with the new deck right now, but I could take part in a reading circle, even if my participation is a bit erratic.

There are interesting things happening here with Tarot of Prague by the way. It is gradually (and it does take time here) beginning to be taken up in a serious way by local readers. Very good to see that happening.

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

I havn't deserted you, I have had computer problems and have been very busy. Added to which I then had an offer of a little trip to Italy which I couldn't refuse ;)

I know I have threads to post to and will get round to those asap but am also interested in a reading circle of sorts. Just let me know when and I'll be there!

~