Memorizing card placements on the Tree of Life

ravenest

Scion said:
Most excellent!
Very glad to hear it. With the princesses, I know what you mean... and they are after all the "Thrones" of the Aces...

What does that mean to you;

" ... princesses, ... are ... "Thrones" of the Aces... "

.... why is it so ... please explain ???

(And no just copying out the BoT AC comment ... I've read that .... I am after the insight and wisdom of Mr. Scion :) )

Scion

Just spotted this ravenest, but walking out the door. I'll answer shortly . :D

Scion

Well... I have a couple thoughts about this and the trouble is they're all sort of refractions of something that I'm not sure how to articulate. I may be talking out my butt here, so please feel free to reject and or criticize my thoughts...

If you look at "The Tree of Life as projected..." in Regardie's Golden Dawn, Kether is visualized as a single point at the crown of the celestial globe, and Malkuth is a point at its base. The Aces govern quadrants that literally rest upon the quadrants of those princesses (situated in Malkuth) but at the same time the Princesses govern regions of the upper point as well wrapped in the Ouroboros of Draco: highest and lowest. In geographic terms Malkuth and Kether are connected by an axis that is NOT a part of the Tree, but obviously exists, since the passage of the Princess back into the supernal realms is the "spring in the cosmic clock" as it were.

In a way saying the Princesses are the Throne of the Aces is like saying the Aces are their crowns: their "independent" dominions are interdependent and the power of each is also the stability of each.

So the princesses are both the "seat" of the quadrants of the celestial globe, and the only points directly connected to Kether that AREN'T subdivided/ruled by the decans as Lord fo Time. (That's a whole separate topic). In essence they sit outside time unlike any other court card can. At a certain point, they are/will-be wedded to their princes in Tiphareth (another single point, this one the literal center of the globe) and joined along that same invisible axis: actually unified but apparently apart. The princesses' passage is what CREATES the axis, which both creates the illusion of division and reconciles the illusory components. This is where the 0=2, Ouroboros image is useful: a kind of annihilating, creative union. The princesses' power is unique because of their passage through the illusion, but the moment they "wake" they cease to be who they thought they were. So the "thrones" are stable and stationary because they are dreaming of being stable and stationary, certain that the stars are moving unattainably around them... They awake to their fallen state and by waking ascend. Their thronedom is the dream that holds the illusory material world together and their crown is the gnosis that burns thorugh all distinctions.

Then there's another thing: there's something here about the old image of a female child as a matrushka doll filled with the lives of all the children SHE will bear. The lap that can hold the entire world. The Princess becomes the Queen when she joins with her Prince, but immediately has to rule (enthroned) at the moment her own children are lost to her and fall back down the tree. So much of the discussion of creation seems to me to be about the male obsession with creation without females. (Some great stuff in Gothic criticism about this actually). How can you make something out of nothing? The truth is the princess doesn't make something out of nothing, she already is everything, she's just forgotten that (Lola Daydream). SO the story of her marriage is the Freudian primal scene for the entire universe: the LITERAL Big Bang. :D

This is where the fairytale idea (and the Rebbe Nachman stories) are useful. The princess can't have her happy ending at the beginning of a story, and the story can't continue past the happy ending... The perception of "happiness" is a snapshot of a moment that is always arriving or receding asymptotically. (Ditto unhappiness, or ANY perception etc). Once you wake from the dream, haven't you in fact woken to another dream, because you still think of yourself as separate from everything. So the waking state requires an infinite regress of dreams from hich to stir. In a strange way this makes the princess the most "stable" (Earth!) of the courts, and the one who exists as she is for the longest. That stability gives her a solid (thronelike) footing but also anchors her in the daydream. She is the root of the tree is every sense of the word... but her branches brush the stars.

:bugeyed:

I don't know if ANY of this makes sense. My thoughts about it are still so raw after all these years. Feel free to ridicule and castigate. :)

XO

Scion