Gilded Tarot Royale

lunakasha

To me, $55 is not too high for a high quality self-published deck with gilded edges! I'd rather pay more for a spectacularly produced item than less for a mass-produced one!
I'm excited to get mine, it looks like it will be awesome!

Definitely agree with Nickigirl and MoonGypsy.

Ciro's self-published decks are incredible, and the quality is worth every penny.

I have enjoyed looking through these threads and comparing the Gilded Royale images with those of the original Gilded, which was one of my first and most precious tarot decks. There is just something about Ciro's style of artwork that speaks to me on a different level. It is beautiful, but there is more to it that is difficult to put into words.

I was just visiting Ciro's website, and I noticed several new prints that are available. My favorite is "Spirit of Autumn", because I have always loved that time of year. His image perfectly captures, for me, everything I love about fall, especially the lovely maple leaves fluttering all around.

ETA: This deck is absolutely breathtaking. Stunning artwork and the production quality is unmatched. Very pleased with my shiny new Gilded Royale (also a belated birthday gift). Anyone who is on the fence: GET IT. NOW. You will not regret it.

:) Luna

Cocobird55

I have been using this deck almost a week now -- it came last Saturday. It is beautiful, and I love looking at the cards. I am enjoying reading with it -- it gives clear readings. All of the extras on the CD are fabulous, and I'm enjoying my spread cloth.

MoonGypsy

I have been using this deck almost a week now -- it came last Saturday. It is beautiful, and I love looking at the cards. I am enjoying reading with it -- it gives clear readings. All of the extras on the CD are fabulous, and I'm enjoying my spread cloth.

Ditto! ^ i am also so pleased, as i continue to bond with this gorgeous deck! It is not only a pleasure to hold and behold...but it is truly a talkative and engaging reading deck! :love:

strings of life

$55 for a deck of this quality was a steal. The card stock, the gilt edges, the box to house the deck, all superb. The colors are brilliant and the revisions make this a new deck in many ways, one that can stand on its own.

Im so happy that I decided to buy it.

Skydancer

Just ordered mine tonight as I was late to the party - been away a while. But it is now ordered and I should have it some time next week! Can hardly wait!! :)

update: I got an email today saying that it has been shipped. That was fast!

MountainGirl

I ordered mine on Monday night and received it yesterday, great service. The artwork is absolutely stunning and the whole presentation just perfect. The only drawback is that the cards are so large and therefore hard to shuffle. I will reserve this as a study and meditation deck. It's to wonderful to risk damaging in normal wear anyways. Some of the cards have quite a different feel from the original Gilded Tarot, especially the lovers.

Blessings,
Mountain Girl

MoonGypsy

Just ordered mine tonight as I was late to the party - been away a while. But it is now ordered and I should have it some time next week! Can hardly wait!! :)

It is soooo good to see you posting again, dear Skydancer! :* i have really missed you! :love:

Cerulean

Thanks for the email, and am very glad to hear updates

I am glad for people telling us the differences.

It sounds like my chance for the one with the reading of a reading cloth would have been very limited, so I am glad to have that people posted here.

Because of so many tarots out there, all the details noted help me distinguish between them. It sounds like this is a gorgeous treat.

Cerulean

I'm sorry that some of you didn't receive the small reading cloth. There was a significant number of people on my waiting list which had been added to for well over a year. So there was a corresponding and prompt response to my e-mail announcement. Along with the fact that I had sold an initial quantity at the Readers Studio event in New York last weekend.

I also regret that this deck won't be available as a standard mass published edition along with a more economical price. That was my initial intention and hope. The decision taken was not mine. Having said that by being restricted to self publishing I could at least decide and control how it was produced, size, card stock, packaging etc.

Lee

I just received this deck today. I'm hardly unbiased when it comes to Ciro's work, but I felt compelled to chime in here and say that Ciro has really outdone himself both with the deck images and with the presentation.

C.S. Lewis, in the last Narnia book, "The Last Battle," describes the lands on the "other side" as being like ours, but in every way better. Happiness is more happy, adventures are more adventurous. The protagonists pick fruit from a tree and discover that it's brighter, juicier and more flavorful than what we have in this life.

That's what I thought of when I looked through these cards. It's like the original Gilded -- but the colors are brighter, deeper, and more vivid. The faces are more expressive. The textures have more texture. The images practically leap off the cards. I have a deep fondness for the original Gilded, but the Royale outdoes it in every way. It's as if a magician had zapped the original deck and brought it to life (which is basically what happened!).

The presentation is just perfect. The outer box, the way the cards sit in the box, the gilded edges, the enclosed CD -- it all comes together for maximum effect. If you like the Gilded at all, I can promise you that you'll love the Royale.

With this deck, it seems as if Ciro's tarot journey has come full circle. But I refuse to believe that this is the end of the journey. :)

Cocobird55

The Gilded Royale is well-named.

According to what I've read on Facebook, Ciro is working on a Lenormand deck. The pictures look very cool.