The Next Step for my Book ???

How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?

• Convince a new publisher to print it.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me.

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

tarotbear

The Pentacles on the bus go ....

They don't HAVE to be exact - but they need to be close! }) After you have drawn 59 Cups, 59 Swords, 59 Wands, and 59 circles with equidistant stars centered in them. :bugeyed: And that is not counting the duplicate cards I've also drawn!

And I am not bothering with Pixie's details - such as the bark on the Wands or the shading on the folds of her fabrics 1) because that is 'way too much detail for someone who is not an artist drawing these images in a 6 inch x 3 3/4 inch rectangle with Papermate 'Flair' marking pens, and 2) I have to be careful exactly what I do use so I don't run afoul of USG! })

Presently sketching out the Nines - for some odd reason they are not as complicated as the rest - or maybe I have just gotten used to the process.

Debra

I'm getting a real kick out of these.

Those wands, they're phallic, eh? Or is it my dirty mind?

gregory

I'm getting a real kick out of these.

Yes to the statement you made and both questions })

I am amazed that I actually felt too polite to say anything; thanks for going first.... :laugh:

tarotbear

No, there are a couple of Wands, here and there, that definately have dickheads! Maybe it wasn't completely unintentional!

Beauty (or smut) is all in the mind of the beholder.

Rhoswen

I'm coming late to your party, Tarotbear, but have looked at the scans in the last couple of pages.

Boy, do I like this deck! It's got great spirit, and I love the contemporary masculine feel (and look) of it.

Bravo! I look forward to more (and I promise to backtrack and read from Page 1).

P.S. YES, those wands are definitely phallic. <eg>

tarotbear

Nine ... Ten .... DONE!

The Nines and the Tens are completed ... and so is the deck!

I sketched and inked a total of 81 cards over a period of 30 days.

I could go back and re-draw the Queens; of all the cards they bear too much resemblence to the RWS deck, and I need to keep USG off my back...and my profits - if any!

Presently, I am going to review the images and make changes or corrections; then I will rescan those and make a permanent file/record.

Next Step: PUBLICATION!

Attachments

• Pents 009.jpg
    Pents 009.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Swords 009.jpg
    Swords 009.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Wands 010.jpg
    Wands 010.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 83
  • Cups 010.jpg
    Cups 010.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 67

gregory

Nice ! And you could run with Gamecrafter and minimise effort - even if the weird postage thing makes it a pain for overseas buyers... I just received a deck from them. In a 12 inch square game box, AGAIN - but THIS time the mailing box was even larger than last time - 18 inches long and 3 inches deep.... rather than the standard medium mailing box...

Sigh.

tarotbear

About to cry ....

I have spent the last 6 hours trying to come up with a file that will upload to CREATESPACE.
I have been rehoning the manuscript ... even using their page templates. But I cannot get anything to work without needing some kind of correction My first two file uploads both had 7 errors that needed changing. I downloaded their templates and re-did the entire manuscript to be told the 'gutters' for the inside of the pages was not wide enough ????? I reloaded the template, changed the margins to give me more leeway, and have been redoing the entire manuscript again and again .... I am so upset. Sometimes the title for the card apears on the page before the card ... but when I go in and correct these nothing changes. Once you upload your manuscript it becomes a PDF, so you can't make corrections there.

The original manuscript was set for 8.5 x 11 but the book template is 6 x 9 and everything had to be reset. I have done this 3 or 4 times now ... to no avail.

I am so upset I really don't have a clue about what to do .... I am so close to having this be a book and I can't get it any farther - I am not computer literate, and I don't have the money to pay the fees (@$500 for manuscript and cover) to pay CREATESPACE to do it for me.

TB is really, really upset.....

gregory

TB - there are people here who have gone the createspace route - maybe one of them can help ?

I have an editable pdf programme in the UK - I will help all I can when I get back....

tarotbear

I need a drink or two .....

I finally stopped fighting with the program. The templates are in WORK - but they want you to U/L files in WORD - makes no sense. When you upload, they convert to PDF - but then you can't edit them!

So, I stopped trying to compress something that is 8.5 x 11 into a 6 x 9 template (oh- in WORK you can't change the size of the illustrations for some reason). I made so many tries and have so many different versions of the file. One pass using their own template was rejected because it needed larger 'gutter' borders (the one in the middle where they bind it) - doesn't their template compensate for that? It doesn't have a layout for 'book spread' (or whatever it's called) - where it puts larger margins in the center of the two pages? MEH!

So, rather than change the size of the manuscript - I changed the size of the book! 'It's All in the Cards' may end up a workbook sized 8.5 x 11 - coffee table sized! The copies of the Aquatic Tarot as illustrations may be grainy, but I am too tired to fight anymore. On my screen the new book looks almost as good as the original looks - but much larger!

Of course - now that I went through this I know ahead of time to download the Men's book into a 6 x 9 template BEFORE I ADD THE ILLUSTRATIONS and work it from there.