Tarot Workbooks

lucid_dawn

Yea I have dusty's book and while it hasn't dumbed down my own readings, I find his meanings for the cards kind of rigid and simplistic. Some of his ideas I just don't agree with. The exercises are interesting and fun to do, though and I can see what he's getting at.

I also have 21 Ways To Read a Tarot Card and I find that one more interesting.
Personally it might just be me. I do great if I do a spread but I was having trouble in the exercise where one card causes the other to happen. I just wasn't really seeing anything deeper in the cards or the meaning with this book. Biddy Tarot has an exercise where you tell a story about the card that really unlocks what you see. I do like Dusty's videos and podcasts aside from the book.

I have an ebook of 21 Ways I will have to check it out. Is Joan Bunnings Learning the Tarot also good? I had read through it but had trouble on my kindle so I got it in print. That was my next step I think.

3ill.yazi

Yea I have dusty's book and while it hasn't dumbed down my own readings, I find his meanings for the cards kind of rigid and simplistic. Some of his ideas I just don't agree with. The exercises are interesting and fun to do, though and I can see what he's getting at.

I also have 21 Ways To Read a Tarot Card and I find that one more interesting.

I don't think the strength of his books are in the meanings, frankly. I have found his books and podcast a revelation, but not for the meanings. I don't think his teaching method works that way. I think the real strength is in the exercises/games, and in the tips about what to do before a reading. It's very much oriented to find your own meanings to the cards, and is frankly unique in not being a book about meanings, but about improving your skills of intuition.

I am not really a workbook learner, though. I am a big fan of Mary Greer's book on reversals but Tarot for Yourself and 21 Meanings etc left me cold. I highly recommend Joan Bunning's book, though, as it is clearly written, and written in the form of lessons.

DissyRose

I'd recommend "Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards" by Kim Huggens. It's also available on Kindle. It has extremely good exercises and questions to ask yourself to find your own meanings which really builds your connection to your cards, regardless of which deck you are using.

:) :) :)

I second this! I'm currently working my way through this now. It really goes into depth and makes you think about the cards.