Escaping from the Tree of Life?

smw

Hi smw

That's the part where I am not sure, hence put up the original post :)
What do you think about it?

lol... pass it back why don't you

I have no idea - but what he talked about later might give some context for this view.

....Western Magical orders and their hierarchy stopping plebs getting to the top of the tree.... This seems to relate to his view of the limitation of the tree that it's framework has been utilised by the Western magical tradition and that magicians them selves are also desperate to escape these limitations to access the magic and knowledge which resides on the back side of the tree.... ( as a guess, maybe not having to get past the top, going around the other way and avoiding having to cross the abyss with (ego) death. Maybe related to the quote of breaking out of the tree and the 'your gonna die'?)

It kind of sounds like he is suggesting that there are other ways - shortcuts to working with the tree, magic and spirits etc... that the magicians of the Western tradition knowingly limit this knowledge and access for others. That this hierarchy and limitation is inherited by Tarot, so also needs to be escaped from.

foolMoon

lol... pass it back why don't you

I have no idea - but what he talked about later might give some context for this view.

....Western Magical orders and their hierarchy stopping plebs getting to the top of the tree.... This seems to relate to his view of the limitation of the tree that it's framework has been utilised by the Western magical tradition and that magicians them selves are also desperate to escape these limitations to access the magic and knowledge which resides on the back side of the tree.... ( as a guess, maybe not having to get past the top, going around the other way and avoiding having to cross the abyss with (ego) death. Maybe related to the quote of breaking out of the tree and the 'your gonna die'?)

It kind of sounds like he is suggesting that there are other ways - shortcuts to working with the tree, magic and spirits etc... that the magicians of the Western tradition knowingly limit this knowledge and access for others. That this hierarchy and limitation is inherited by Tarot, so also needs to be escaped from.

I had a funny feeling that you might appear in the post to be passed on lol.

Dunno, I am only a newbie in the TOL and Kabbalah, so am in need of study, read and learn before coming to my own conclusions actually, and I am not sure if I have even understood PHB's saying in the vids.

But from top of my head, I feel the whole thing of TOL is about one thing, that is to reunite with God and Deity, and one must pass through those steps, and the only way to reunite with the divine being is to cross the Abyss, which is death.

But we don't wanna have early untimely death even if that is to reunite with deity, because low level life in Yesod and Malkuth is still pretty good and fun. Plus there are other ways to reunite with deity, but to do that, one must escape from the Tree, i.e. forget about it, and use other ways to reunite with God i.e. meditation, yoga, tantra ... etc.

Tree of life is purely mental picture, it does not exist in real life. The only way to get in there first place is, to learn about it. And in the past, maybe the only way to learn about it was maybe to get initiated in the secret society, and learn it from the magicians. But the magicians didn't allow new initiates to climb the tree to easy or quick keeping it strict control and even in secret? Once you got to know the Tree of Life, the only way to escape from it is to detach from it?

Just my guess, I better go, grab and read some books of TOL :)

smw

But we don't wanna have early death to reunite with deity, because low level life in Yesod and Malkuth is still pretty good and fun.

Plus there are other ways to reunite with deity, but to do that, one must escape from the Tree, i.e. forget about it, and use other ways to reunite with God i.e. meditation, yoga, tantra ... etc.

or with the Dance commander :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of2WzZx9AhA

foolMoon

Thank you for the nice music. Yup, I am sure there are other plenty ways in reuniting with the deity :D

smw

Thank you for the nice music. Yup, I am sure there are other plenty ways in reuniting with the deity :D

I'm glad you like the playing air guitar whilst in your underpants approach :)

ravenest

The Cartesian dualism is strictly for division of Mind and Body, not between Reality and Ideal world, or old and new ways of thinking.

Just wondering if English is your first language ?

Yes, if you do a quick scan on wiki that is what you might come up with. I am talking about the effect the whole movement and philosophy has had on western thinking. Its implications and what came from it .... not its 'strict' deffinition.

Do you really think it is 'strictly for division of body and mind ' (and I am not sure what that means due to the wording ? )

Do you think the Pre- Cartesians did not see a difference between body and mind and Descartes was the first to realise they were not the same ?

You won't get that I mean with a quick scan, which is why I supplied you with the best and easiest reference to understand it ... and even said the first chapter alone will help comprehension immensely.

It isnt just about division of mind and body ... its the whole viewpoint and mind set of the western mind.

It is about the distinction between the real and the ideal but not about old and new ways of thinking as a type of dualism, the old and new ways of thinking are the results of a non- dualistic approach and a dualist one.

The knowledge of mundane and spiritual world is surely different state of consciousness.

No , you are trapped in dualism, this is what I mean . You need to escape from that before you can escape from the tree of life ;) .

There is no mundane AND spiritual world there is THE world and it is 'spiritual' . I know that is hard to understand with the modern mind, it is conditioned by concepts of the fall of man or an original 'division' in theology that had a socio - political problem injected into it ( re the first dualist philosophy in Zoroastrianism and the origins of 'Ahriman' ) . The state of consciousness required is singular, not a shift from one to another to comprehend the different worlds - because there are no different worlds.

You need to somewhat elevate your consciousness and enter into the realm of ideal world to be able to think, see and know things in metaphysical level.

Do I ?

In order to communicate with angels and demons, you need to have an altered state of mind.

Only if it was altered away from that in the first place. I can assure you, I have contact with Australian Aboriginals that sleep, wake, eat, walk and go to work , etc, that are continually in 'an altered state of mind' .

The western mind has been torn apart, half of it can send probes to Io, the other half suffers depression, psychosis, comes up with crazy stuff to explain what they want, need, have to feel, about these things (everything from Grey alien overlords to covering their and their dog's head with alfoil ) ... and spends the rest of the time trying to contemplate purpose or denying that there is one.

And an aweful lot of time watching silly you-tube videos (who anyone can make and pretend to know what they are talking about ) instead of reading educated scolars or taking courses

C'est la ( moderne) vie < shrug> .

ravenest

You can use Tree of Life or anything to explain anything under the Sun, but some just sounds not natural or convincing. Tree of Life is definitely good way to explain more higher concepts, but not making sandwiches or going to the cinema. It sounds rather muddled and more confusing when explained in TOL frame, and people who never come across TOL would feel confused on what you are talking about.

I don't think you can comprehend what has been written above ? I said there isnt any point in that . Why would I start talking Kabbalistic complexities to people that didnt know anything about kabbalah ? ... unless they professed an interest or started commenting in an internet forum on the subject.

Of course I would not explain to you how to make a sandwich using Kabbalah ... BUT, if you were not understanding anything of what kabbalah is about, someone might use the analogy of sandwich making to help you understand Kabbalah with a familiar concept. You seem back-the-front on a lot of the comprehension here.

Making sandwiches when hungry doesn't need Tree of Life to get explained, because it gets understood most clearly, when simply expressed.

Oh dear ! :rolleyes:

And doctors are there to help you with whatever health problem you have, and she / he will try to provide you with whatever best method to cure your problems. She / he won't prescribe you with a course of strong antibiotics, when all you need is a drink of cold water.

Really ?

" UQ Head of Sociology Associate Professor Alex Broom said although health authorities understood the community-wide risks of antibiotic resistance, many doctors were still not complying.

“On any given day in Australia, about 40 per cent of hospital in-patients will receive antibiotics, with between 20 and 50 per cent of those deemed unnecessary or sub-optimal in current best practice terms, depending on the individual hospital,” Associate Professor Broom said."

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2014/03/study-shows-why-doctors-over-prescribe-antibiotics

(Note reference - University of Queensland study, not just my opinion or some guy on youtube. )

I think he does know his stuff. He seems have done a lot of readings on the topic as well as having many years of experience in Tarot.

No .... he doesnt. Not in my opinion and not in the opinion of some here (who I might add have many years of experience with Tarot cards , reading tarot cards, Kabbalah, philosophy and academia ).

But maybe we are not 'flashy' enough and 'suffer' from lack of production of youtube vids ?

He just seems have his own way and ideas of doing Tarot readings.

Yes ... yes he does.

But the issue is, he also tries to take on subjects he has little education in.

ravenest

... I am not sure if I have even understood PHB's saying in the vids.

I think he does know his stuff. He seems have done a lot of readings on the topic as well as having many years of experience in Tarot.

How can you tell ... if you are not even sure what he is saying ? ? ?