"Just Tarot Things..."

HallowedNight

Doing a reading fro friends or customers, and when you say something they misinterpret it, or they don't get how something works, which you can tell by something they asked, and you're too timid to correct them.

Example: You: "So, just look through the cards to gte your energy into them." Querent: " *makes piles of cards they like the picture of* "

Querent: "Oh, so, have you ever just done a reading from the feel of someone?" You: "Um, no, I can't do intuition readings." Querent: "oh, you'll get the hang of it!" You: " *Understands that people at any level of psychic ability can use cards, thought they may improve psyhcic ability* "

Oh man, those things sound...iiiinteresting. XD I haven't really done any readings in person, so I don't really know what that kind of thing is like. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with it! (Though I'm sure I will at some point. :^P )

Tanga

... so giving up and taking them all. (I think I'm gonna' need a bigger purse.)

Hahahah! Whenever I go to a Tarot meeting I'd love to just take 2 decks - one for study and one for use (so I don't have to laboriously re-shuffle once the "lesson" is over and can immediately begin practice reading with a partner. BUT - I always end up with at lest 4 decks in my bag. Then at the end think - I should have just brought 2!

Those days when one of the people asking for a reading asks things like "when will I die?" and you don't like answering these questions, but you do anyways.

NO - you would't answer that question - except to say "you will die, when you will die" otherwise you are asking for trouble putting ideas into the querents head. IMO. Lol.

What about walking along with some Tarot peeps, seeing something and happily saying "Look! - it's the 4 of Wands in action!"

Or walking along with some non-Tarot peeps, doing exactly the same and having them look at you like your from Mars - or say "Huh - how come Tarot makes you so happy?"

Yukina

That moment when you just *know* what the cards are telling you, and maybe you're not confident in your abilities, but then it turns out just like the cards said it would ^_^

LindaMechele

Hahahah! Whenever I go to a Tarot meeting I'd love to just take 2 decks - one for study and one for use (so I don't have to laboriously re-shuffle once the "lesson" is over and can immediately begin practice reading with a partner. BUT - I always end up with at lest 4 decks in my bag. Then at the end think - I should have just brought 2!
I ALWAYS do that! :joke: And I don't even go to meetings, just work and friends' houses. But still, it's definitely better to have too many than not enough. :thumbsup:

That moment when you just *know* what the cards are telling you, and maybe you're not confident in your abilities, but then it turns out just like the cards said it would ^_^
I love when that happens. I had one of those yesterday. Been doing a lot of navel gazing lately, and the cards were right on for a problem I've been dealing with all my life but haven't been able to root out completely. I laid out the spread the night before but was too tired I think to really get it - five cards, lots of swords and reversals, and all I saw was doom and gloom, so I left it laying there and went to bed. The next morning over coffee, the big old lightbulb went off in a really good way and I spent three hours journaling about it and working through it. It was a hell of an epiphany. A really good one, as in "five years of therapy shoehorned into one little reading" good.

At the end I thanked the cards, picked them up, shuffled, and asked, "So, you want that nice copper ink edge treatment to celebrate? Want to get dressed up in a little bling?" I got Ace of Cups and the Sun. This deck has keywords and they were abundance, upswelling emotions, and Yes/Joy. :joke:

HallowedNight

I love when this happens! 😃

I love when that happens. I had one of those yesterday. Been doing a lot of navel gazing lately, and the cards were right on for a problem I've been dealing with all my life but haven't been able to root out completely. I laid out the spread the night before but was too tired I think to really get it - five cards, lots of swords and reversals, and all I saw was doom and gloom, so I left it laying there and went to bed. The next morning over coffee, the big old lightbulb went off in a really good way and I spent three hours journaling about it and working through it. It was a hell of an epiphany. A really good one, as in "five years of therapy shoehorned into one little reading" good.

At the end I thanked the cards, picked them up, shuffled, and asked, "So, you want that nice copper ink edge treatment to celebrate? Want to get dressed up in a little bling?" I got Ace of Cups and the Sun. This deck has keywords and they were abundance, upswelling emotions, and Yes/Joy. :joke:

Wow, that's great! I love when this kind of thing happens as well. 😋 Seems like they were pretty excited about that edging! 😝

Lucas Prince of Cats

What about walking along with some Tarot peeps, seeing something and happily saying "Look! - it's the 4 of Wands in action!"

Or walking along with some non-Tarot peeps, doing exactly the same and having them look at you like your from Mars - or say "Huh - how come Tarot makes you so happy?"

That is so relatable!

tarotot_yeezus

when you do a reading for a friend and it seems like kind of an out of the blue reading and then literally THE NEXT DAY it all makes sense.

Or when you're doing a meditation/reading and your s/o comes home and ruins the vibe and you have to start over or just give up for the night.

when you're studying tarot and your cat sits in the middle of all the cards you have spread out on the table.

HallowedNight

when you're studying tarot and your cat sits in the middle of all the cards you have spread out on the table.

So relatable! XD My cat likes lurking around whenever I take my cards outside. Apparently he likes them sun-warmed. :^P

Lucas Prince of Cats

Ha! I just recently got a cat, and haven't done a reading at home since getting him, so I've only eexperienced him on the keyboard, not on a reading, yet. But I'm sure it'll happen!

Lucas Prince of Cats

When you're doing a reading for someone, and the wind doesn't like it.

WHen you suddenly freak oout because you forgot one of the card positions in a spread!