"Tarot & Oracle Combination Readings" ~ What Decks/Oracles Do You Like to Use & Why??

Elven

"Tarot & Oracle Combination Readings" ~ What Decks/Oracles Do You Like to Use & Why??

Hi all :)

Just a question to those who use 'Tarot and Oracle Combined' to do readings with ....
What 'Combinations' do you like to use?

Does it depend on the question, or do you 'Match' similar themes .. all Celtic .. traditional ... modern? Do you contrast the two ... Tarot & Runes/Symbols?

What makes a great combination ... what have you found from using 'combined methods' of reading?

What do you think would make a 'bizarre' sounding combination (not that they would give a bad reading but ...) ... The Decameron & Dog Wisdom maybe? :p

some of the combinations I like and have given good readings ...

Thoth Majors & the Sabian Symbols.
RWS (Majors) & Runes.
The Lovers Tarot (Full Deck) & The Oracle of Magdalene.
Sacred Circle (Full Deck) & the Fairy Ring (Full Deck).
The Native American Tarot (Full deck) & Native American Cards/Medicine Cards.

If I use Tarot Majors only - the Majors tend to be the basis of the reading, and the Oracle compliments the Major, but if I use a Full deck of Tarot - I tend to use the Oracle as the Main basis for the reading and the Tarot gives insight ...

.... Love to hear your combinations and your thoughts :)

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

So far, successful combinations have been:

Marseille and Sabian Symbols
DruidCraft, Druid Animal Oracle and Ogham Tree Oracle
Thoth and Universe Cards
Universe Cards and poetry
Fairytale Tarot and Good Witch, Bad Witch
Full Moon Dreams and Gardener's O'Keeffe's cards
Full Moon Dreams and the Goddess Oracle
Ukiyoe Tarot and Japanese poetry (one and one)
Chinese Tarot and I-Ching (one i-ching hexagram, and between 1 and 3 cards max, or it gets confusing). It's actually quite difficult to combine i-ching and tarot - it works better between i-ching and a more free-form oracle (because i-ching is already highly systematic).
Marseille and African Divination cards
New Orleans Voodoo and African Divination cards
Marseille and The Bible and Marseille and Shakespeare
Thoth and the Bible, and Thoth and Shakespeare

But I want to try many more. Some don't work, but I won't know until I try. I love combinations :)

I'm very new to runes, so I haven't really experimented that much with them. Just trying to learn! But I did draw a rune at the end of a Sabian Symbol reading recently, and was amazed at how well it resonated the Sabian Symbols!

Moonbow

I have only done this while playing around with cards for myself, and only with the Thoth deck and Lenormand cards.

I found that the Lenormand cards softened the Thoth in that they gave another way of looking at the Thoth meaning. Some of the results were actually quite funny, but a great learning experience.

Infact just talking about this makes me want to play with other combinations again....

Elven

Hi Helvetica :D
Helvetica said:
So far, successful combinations have been:

Marseille and Sabian Symbols
DruidCraft, Druid Animal Oracle and Ogham Tree Oracle
Thoth and Universe Cards
Universe Cards and poetry
Fairytale Tarot and Good Witch, Bad Witch
Full Moon Dreams and Gardener's O'Keeffe's cards
Full Moon Dreams and the Goddess Oracle
Ukiyoe Tarot and Japanese poetry (one and one)
Chinese Tarot and I-Ching (one i-ching hexagram, and between 1 and 3 cards max, or it gets confusing). It's actually quite difficult to combine i-ching and tarot - it works better between i-ching and a more free-form oracle (because i-ching is already highly systematic).
Marseille and African Divination cards
New Orleans Voodoo and African Divination cards
Marseille and The Bible and Marseille and Shakespeare
Thoth and the Bible, and Thoth and Shakespeare

They are lovely combination you listed!!

I especially liked the combination of the Marseille and the Bible, and the Marseille and Shakespeare - I can 'feel' what you mean - a delicious blend :) for a reading.
Thoth and the Bible - now you must have had some great readings with those!!

I dont have an I-Ching combination unless its the cards and the Coins - Oracle Cards/Oracle cards-coins set.

The Fairy Tale tarot and the Good Witch Bad Witch made me giggle (or is that cackle) - neat!!

Thankyou for sharing! So many individual combinations.

Moonbow* said:
I found that the Lenormand cards softened the Thoth in that they gave another way of looking at the Thoth meaning. Some of the results were actually quite funny, but a great learning experience.

:D Moonbow - I got this great visual of Crowley on one side of the Table and Mdlle LeNormand on the other side, in conversation over your reading. (There was some 'eyelash batting' going on :p)

I like this :) and yes! definately get those cards out!!

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

Elven said:
I got this great visual of Crowley on one side of the Table and Mdlle LeNormand on the other side, in conversation over your reading. (There was some 'eyelash batting' going on :p)
Oh, I wonder how those two might have got on? Would Uncle Al have made a pass at Mademoiselle? Would she be offended or flattered? Would he have asked to meet her Bast and would she, pretending not understand (or truly missing the allusion), have tried to conjure the spirit of Bast, leaving Uncle Al both amused and frustrated? Or even - impressed?? Would they be rivals or allies?

The thought of such an encounter would make a wonderful reading with the Thoth and the Lenormand!