'Egyptian' roots of the Tarot

Rosanne

kwaw said:
As well as the billowing scarve perhaps relating to the 'winds of change', a billowing scarve was also used as a symbol of the heavens......
There is a possible TdM lunar association though with those TdM decks in which the bull is 'odd one out' in not having a halo; and taurus being 'odd one out' among the kerubic signs in being the only one in which a planet (the moon) is exalted.
Kwaw
Do you think it possible that the Kerubic signs around the Wheel of Fortune in the TDM, are lunar figures originally? I am not where my decks are, but one figure if I recall is a Hare/rabbit type. Maybe their images slowly became corrupted and combined with the Italian court thoughts "I reign- I reign not etc" became combined? It makes a emblatic meaning of Winds of Change in chaos at 10- Fortuna, to become ordered at Le Monde and back to four corners of completion and restart.
My thinking goes as a philosopical system (not a game) It seems to me that from card 10 on - it is what is needed to right chaos- then Judgement- is it righted? Then Le Monde(World) It is righted- all Winds back to stability in the four corners. ~Rosanne

Rosanne

Thanks John- that was a great read, off to search some more. ~Rosanne