Knight of Swords as outcome for a single person.

mary_leo

Hi everybody, I did a relationship spread for myself and the question was "How will my love life be for the next 3 months".
I'm currently single and I use the Mythic Tarot.

The card that represents the theme of the spread was the 8 of cups and I totally agree with this card... I'm going through a "dark" phase and I've been diving deep into my mind and soul to find out what I really want in a relationship.

My question is related to the outcome card, knight of swords... I know that the knights represent messages and it could represent a person.

Maybe it means that I will receive some kind of message that might make me react in a blunt manner or someone with the knight's personality might come along.

What do you guys think? Is there another interpretation? Is it a bad card to get as the outcome?

Mary.

violetdaisy

Hmm. Not sure I agree with your idea of 8 of Cups but if that's your gut instinct - go with it. To me, as a theme 8 of cups would be more of deciding to to "go your own way" after experiences that left you feeling like there was nothing left to nurture (or salvage).

As for an outcome the Knight of Swords is less of a messanger than the Page. To me it says that if you meet someone they'll be not so mature but will have the lure of a "silver tongue." They will say things, you will believe them. Are they true things? This knight is good at "almost true." And all knights like to "rescue." Do you want that? To hear what you want to hear and have it said in such a way that it can't be anything but truth?

I'm not saying this Knight would be a *bad* partner, but you'd have to be willing to grow with them. Show them the beauty of real truth and that rescuing someone isn't the end of the job.

OR - this knight could be you at the end of 3 months. Still single, but on that phase of your 8 of Cups journey of quick to make a decision, without doubt as you move ahead, analyzing exactly what you want and searching for it is happening. This knight is also very good at "what do you Really want" and what can you compromise? To move to a queen or king - compromise is necessary.

rwcarter

The Mythic 8C is about what one must do and what one must give up and/or risk in order to get the relationship that one wants.

As outcome, the KnS could be pointing to the arrival of a new idea or inspiration about your love life. That could be throwing caution to the wind or even looking for a relationship with someone who normally wouldn't be your type. It could also be just going for it, aggressively going after what you want instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Rodney

mary_leo

Hmm. Not sure I agree with your idea of 8 of Cups but if that's your gut instinct - go with it. To me, as a theme 8 of cups would be more of deciding to to "go your own way" after experiences that left you feeling like there was nothing left to nurture (or salvage).

As for an outcome the Knight of Swords is less of a messanger than the Page. To me it says that if you meet someone they'll be not so mature but will have the lure of a "silver tongue." They will say things, you will believe them. Are they true things? This knight is good at "almost true." And all knights like to "rescue." Do you want that? To hear what you want to hear and have it said in such a way that it can't be anything but truth?

I'm not saying this Knight would be a *bad* partner, but you'd have to be willing to grow with them. Show them the beauty of real truth and that rescuing someone isn't the end of the job.

OR - this knight could be you at the end of 3 months. Still single, but on that phase of your 8 of Cups journey of quick to make a decision, without doubt as you move ahead, analyzing exactly what you want and searching for it is happening. This knight is also very good at "what do you Really want" and what can you compromise? To move to a queen or king - compromise is necessary.

Hi Violetdaisy, thank you for replying, the eight of cups always shows up when I'm really sad and hopeless and I can't pinpoint what I want and what I feel and what could make me feel better. I'm going through a "dark" phase and I have no patience to deal with anyone and at the end of the day, when I go to bed I cry myself to sleep.
I agree with you when you said it means "go your own way" and I really feel like I have nothing good to offer. I believe I need some time alone...
About the knight of swords =( the last thing I needed, is an immature guy who's gonna say one thing and do another.
This knight always represented my last bf and he broke my heart... so I get a little anxious about it.
I hope it means what you said "without doubt as you move ahead, analyzing exactly what you want and searching for it is happening. This knight is also very good at "what do you Really want" and what can you compromise?"

Thanks again!

mary_leo

The Mythic 8C is about what one must do and what one must give up and/or risk in order to get the relationship that one wants.

As outcome, the KnS could be pointing to the arrival of a new idea or inspiration about your love life. That could be throwing caution to the wind or even looking for a relationship with someone who normally wouldn't be your type. It could also be just going for it, aggressively going after what you want instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Rodney

Hi Rodney, I love the mythic tarot! It is so beautiful and I just read a thread you posted about the mythic tarot eight of cups and I agree when you say that the keyword is letting go, but it comes with a sense of heaviness, letting go because you have no hope...

Do you think the knight of swords could mean how will my actions be towards possible new partners after going through an eight of cups phase?

Thank you for helping me.

rwcarter

Do you think the knight of swords could mean how will my actions be towards possible new partners after going through an eight of cups phase?
Easily. The outcome is usually a result of the situation.