4 of cups rv and 8 of cups as wants

Adriana

I had in a reading for a woman in regards to a man she has a complex relationship with
two positions that came out like this:

What does he want to see more of from her? 4 of cups RV

What does he want to see less of in her? 8 of cups

I seem to have to tell her that he doesnt want her to take what he gives her for granted, but also be open to other things outside of him more than she does. Like other people, experiences as she is very focused on him. And he is unable to give her so much as she wish... (her wishes isnt exactly out of line.. )
I think the 8 is saying he doesnt want her to leave him based on things he knows he isnt doing right. He isnt perfect and he would like her to accept that what he can give her isn't everything she wants it to be.

I hope I didnt post in the wrong subforum, the reading was bigger but those two I wondered more about.

rwcarter

Upright, the 4C is disinterested and possibly even moody. So reversed, it could represent someone who is interested and even tempered. So he might want to see more of that from her.

I tend to see the 8C as the put a period and move on card. So as what he wants to see less of, the card might be saying the desire to leave the relationship instead of stay and work out any problems.

Rodney

Ruby Jewel

I had in a reading for a woman in regards to a man she has a complex relationship with
two positions that came out like this:

I seem to have to tell her that he doesnt want her to take what he gives her for granted, but also be open to other things outside of him more than she does. Like other people, experiences as she is very focused on him. And he is unable to give her so much as she wish... (her wishes isnt exactly out of line.. )
I think the 8 is saying he doesnt want her to leave him based on things he knows he isnt doing right. He isnt perfect and he would like her to accept that what he can give her isn't everything she wants it to be.

I hope I didnt post in the wrong subforum, the reading was bigger but those two I wondered more about.

I would probably advise her to quit being a spoiled brat (4 of cups Rx) and give the relationship a chance (8 of cups)

headincloud

What does he want to see more of from her? 4 of cups RV - Re-joining society after a period of withdrawal due to discontent and boredom. And less escapism through alcohol or drugs perhaps.

What does he want to see less of in her? 8 of cups - Discontent and melancholy.

jenster

What does he want to see more of from her? 4 of cups RV - Re-joining society after a period of withdrawal due to discontent and boredom. And less escapism through alcohol or drugs perhaps.

While I agree with this I also see an inherent danger that what should positives were expressed with (at least partly) negative cards.
I wouldn't say this to someone I was reading for (because I am unsure) but it seems to me that he could be already fed up. Or if fed up doesn't apply over her. He might just want her to go (eight of cups).

Is the situation complex because of him? Was he the one who was mostly unavailable or ambivalent? That would make sense to me too.

She should take what he offered (not be upset by all that isn't like upright four of cups, but accepting the little that is, like it could be when he reverses) and go.

Has he tried/did he end it with her?
I am leaning towards that.

Perhaps you could offer a reading for her about what is the best course of action she could take right now with her own wellbeing and happiness being the goals.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Adriana, please return to this thread and provide feedback to the people who have generously tried to help you. Also, check your PMs.

Adriana

Upright, the 4C is disinterested and possibly even moody. So reversed, it could represent someone who is interested and even tempered. So he might want to see more of that from her.

I tend to see the 8C as the put a period and move on card. So as what he wants to see less of, the card might be saying the desire to leave the relationship instead of stay and work out any problems.

Rodney

I agree on what you say on 4C reversed. She is holding back on some levels. But on others she is more more of a warrior princess than he likes lol

Shes left him, he has left her.. so could be a point to that too :) thanks for your answer!
And sorry for taking some time to come back to answering, I got to talk to the girl in question more :)

Adriana

I would probably advise her to quit being a spoiled brat (4 of cups Rx) and give the relationship a chance (8 of cups)

Thing is that I doubt she has been acting like a spoiler brat, but he has narcissistic tendencies so it could be that he at least sees her as somewhat spiiled. It would be strange still as shes done so much for him. Thank you!

Adriana

She has had a difficult time, and I also think he wants her yo join and participate in more stuff (possibly more female friends as she hangs out with guy friends a lot).
She hardly ever drink and no drugs.

He probably wants to see less of that in her. Shes been through a tough time and both melancholy and discontent have been a part of her. But he probably doesn't think of the fact he has a lot to do with some of her discontent hehe. Thank you

Adriana

While I agree with this I also see an inherent danger that what should positives were expressed with (at least partly) negative cards.
I wouldn't say this to someone I was reading for (because I am unsure) but it seems to me that he could be already fed up. Or if fed up doesn't apply over her. He might just want her to go (eight of cups).

Is the situation complex because of him? Was he the one who was mostly unavailable or ambivalent? That would make sense to me too.

She should take what he offered (not be upset by all that isn't like upright four of cups, but accepting the little that is, like it could be when he reverses) and go.

Has he tried/did he end it with her?
I am leaning towards that.

Perhaps you could offer a reading for her about what is the best course of action she could take right now with her own wellbeing and happiness being the goals.

Thanks for this take on those cards... I have been thinking in this direction actually, that he is fed up and in reality wants her to leave the relationship in the way it is. He initiates contact and wants to see her but he acts strange and distant too..
They've both left each other at different times.. last time it was him.
He is ambivalent and at times he seems to avoid her.. but he pulls it over on her making things her fault..
It could be a good idea to offer her that kind of reading...