Book T Minors: Leo

Grigori

Kicking off with Fixed/Kerubic signs in the suit cards, we have the Fire suit of Wands. The related cards are the 5 of Wands (Saturn in the first decan of Leo), 6 of Wands (Jupiter the second decan of Leo) and 7 of Wands (Mars in last decan of Leo).

How do folks feel about these cards?

Grigori

Here are some basic interpretations I've pasted from the SolarFire program.

LEO
Self-confident, generous, warm-hearted, powerful leader, dramatic. Can be overly proud, vain, extravagant, arrogant.

SATURN IN LEO
You take pride in your work, and have an ability to build personal authority. You tend to work for recognition and power.

JUPITER IN LEO
You are benevolent, generous and fun loving. You are on an enthusiastic search for creative expression. You may also have a love of children.

MARS IN LEO
You have a strong need to express your personal creativity. You may display dramatic and confident behaviour, and like to make an impact on your surroundings. You may also be arrogant.

And a couple of links about Leo
http://www.astrologywizard.com/leo.htm
http://www.soulhealing.com/leo.htm

Always Wondering

SATURN IN LEO
You take pride in your work, and have an ability to build personal authority. You tend to work for recognition and power.

I pulled five of wands this morning and this is the nicest thing I've heard about it all day. Ryder-Waite looks like all out war. Book T mentions a few nice things if well dignified. Though Crowley's Strife give me the impression of fixed fire and will, he has not much good to say.

Book of Thoth said:
Leo shows the element of Fire at its strongest and most balanced. Saturn tends to weigh it down and to embitter it.

Liber T 5 of Wands looks down-right powerful, but not negative.

I just don't get Saturn. With positive and negative qualities, why does it seem to bring out the negative?

AW, off the pain pills, heavy on Advil, and maybe a touch grumpy. :)

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I just don't get Saturn. With positive and negative qualities, why does it seem to bring out the negative?

Yeah Saturn does seem to get a bit of a raw deal in the minors. I think its compensated for with the majors though, by giving him The World Card. As Teheuti pointed out in the Libra thread even when he's exhalted Saturn gets a bad rap.

On the 5 of Wands, the Lord of Strife, we have Saturn in Leo where he is in his detriment, so you'd expect his nastier side to come out a bit. The Thoth card certainly makes its central wand look very Saturnine. Heavy, dark, grey, oppressive etc.. Maybe being a 5, and thus related to Mars who is much happier in Leo it saves the card a little..?

The 5 of Wands in the RWS is often discussed as being more playful and competitive combat, which would fit with Leo more so than Saturn. Its fun, and joyful and maybe a bit sexual. Kinda looks like a crowd of boys working off sexual tension by bashing each other with big old sticks :laugh: Though the faces on the older RWS's look very serious and Saturn like to me.

I love the Mythic Tarot's 5 of Wands. It has this enormous dragon, that is very Saturn-y acting as the obstacle that the other characters have to come up against to acheive victory and glory. I think it fits as a story of Saturn in Leo very well.
http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/m-decks/mythiccards.gif

Teheuti

Always Wondering said:
Though Crowley's Strife give me the impression of fixed fire and will, he has not much good to say.
I believe he says that Strife is really about "striving" - that made all the difference for me with that card.

Always Wondering

Teheuti said:
I believe he says that Strife is really about "striving" - that made all the difference for me with that card.

Ah, this gives me sense of the Rider-Waite and the Liber T pictorials. I can see the empowerment of striving.

Thanks Teheuti

AW

Aeon418

The archaic meaning of Strife is earnest endeavor, striving, a strenuous effort. But all of these meanings imply resistance to movement - old heavy Saturn. If Leo wants to get anything done in the 5 of Wands he's going to have to fight for it and oppose the forces of inertia that block the way.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
The archaic meaning of Strife is earnest endeavor, striving, a strenuous effort. But all of these meanings imply resistance to movement - old heavy Saturn. If Leo wants to get anything done in the 5 of Wands he's going to have to fight for it and oppose the forces of inertia that block the way.

I have been reading older posts where you talk about the fours being stable/resistant and how it takes the fives to come along to shake things up for change. It's not just Saturn in Leo, but in all the suits. I guess change takes a lot of energy. So, it is indeed a well earned "Victory" when the influence of Jupiter enters Leo with expansion, growth, opportunity and change. Goodbye old heavy Saturn :p.
It's helped me to look ahead. Glad to see you back.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
It's not just Saturn in Leo, but in all the suits. I guess change takes a lot of energy.
You're right. It is in all the suits, but Leo is very much "in his element" in this card and acts like a natural booster.

I like Crowley's comment on this card where he says it derives it's benign and gentle influence from the feminine. On the surface that seems strange because the 5 of Wands appears to be very masculine, forceful, and agressive card. But there is a side to this card that is very like the force of natural life. How life is never still and hates to be trapped and confined. It always overcomes obstacles and struggles to survive, getting stronger in the process. Hence the saying, "life finds a way". There's also the harsh side of Mother nature too, survival of the fittest.
Always Wondering said:
Glad to see you back.
Thanks. :D

Always Wondering

Okay, while we're waiting for others to chime in here. . .

This Adept stuff Crowley writes about. The Chief Adept shows authority without which this card would be completely disastrous and the Third Adept which are daughters. I guess I don't understand the A^A^ system enough for this to make any sense to me.
How does a Chief Adept save this card and who the heck are the daughters?

AW