Book T Minors: Leo

Aeon418

The wands are those carried by the three initiating adepts during the Golden Dawn Adeptus Minor ritual.
Chief Adept:
Associate Adeptus Minor, what is the Wand which thou bearest?

3rd Adept:
A simple Wand having the colors of the twelve Signs of the Zodiac and surmounted by the Lotus Flower of Isis. It symbolizes the development of Creation.

Chief Adept:
Mighty Adeptus Major, thy Wand and its meaning?

2nd Adept:
A Wand terminating in the symbol of the Binary and surmounted by the Tau Cross of Life, or the Head of the Phoenix, sacred to Osiris. The seven colors between Light and Darkness are attributed to the Planets. It symbolizes rebirth and resurrection from death.

Chief Adept:
My Wand is surmounted by the Winged Globe, around which the twin serpents of Egypt twine. It symbolizes the equilibriated Force of the Spirit and the Four Elements beneath the everlasting Wings of the Holy One.
The Chief adepts wand is symbolic of power and authority derived from a higer source. I think the inclusion of that wand on this card is to show that the force and fire represented by this card is not merely blind and senseless destructive energy. It's actually in service to a higher power. (Although this wand bears the sigil of To Mega Therion. Indicating the the "higher power" is the Will ?)

The comment about the Daughters is to indicate that Binah and the 3 of Wands is directly above this card (and Geburah) on the Tree of Life. It is the source of what Crowley describes as, "the mitigating influence of the Mother". This is also represented by Atu XI Lust, where the goddess Babalon (Binah - Saturn) rides upon the Beast (Leo).

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
The wands are those carried by the three initiating adepts during the Golden Dawn Adeptus Minor ritual.
Oops. More G.D.- A^A^ confusion on my part.

Aeon418 said:
I think the inclusion of that wand on this card is to show that the force and fire represented by this card is not merely blind and senseless destructive energy. It's actually in service to a higher power.
Okay, I am starting to feel less victimized by old heavy Saturn.

Aeon418 said:
(Although this wand bears the sigil of To Mega Therion. Indicating the the "higher power" is the Will ?).
Sounds like more 0=2 stuff to me. :)

Aeon418 said:
The comment about the Daughters is to indicate that Binah and the 3 of Wands is directly above this card (and Geburah) on the Tree of Life. It is the source of what Crowley describes as, "the mitigating influence of the Mother". This is also represented by Atu XI Lust, where the goddess Babalon (Binah - Saturn) rides upon the Beast (Leo).
Yeah, well, I'm working on Qabalah. :confused:

The more I learn about these "small cards" the more I wonder why they are called such.

AW

Grigori

Moving on to the 6 of Wands

I was thinking this morning about a simple way to differentiate these three cards, based on the planets. It struck me that the 5 of Wands (Saturn) and the 7 of Wands (Mars) both have an aspect of conflict and effort required. You can see it in the RWS images, both involve a form of fighting against a crowd and struggle.

The 6 of Wands (Jupiter) by contrast is an easy card. The leader (Jupiter) can just sit back and let everyone rally around and support him. No real work is required, the horse is even doing the walking for him.

Fits in nicely with the Tree of Life diagram. Saturn/Binah and Mars/Geburah are both on the Column of Severity and so things are right to be difficult and a lot of work for the 5 and the 7. Jupiter/Chokmah by contrast is on the Pillar of Mercy, and so it makes sense that the guy in the 6 of Wands would get an easy ride. Everything is handed to him generously. He doesn't have to fight for it like the 5 & 7 do.

http://www.soulhealing.com/jupiter.htm