What does this mean?

CharityBoutique

I've been pulling cards on whether I'm going to be let into a certain course recently, and The Priestess has come up about five or six times. Is this good or bad? I heard that it was most likely a negative sign, as The Priestess is 'behind the veil'.

Sulis

The Priestess tells you to look within yourself because the answers are there.

ana luisa

to me sometimes the High Priesstess comes as telling you to try and manage to accept the duality between intuition and practicality. You may have been having difficulty accepting both in your life or giving both equal value/importance.As far as advice, it is saying that you may be torn between doing something you see as the most sensible and the one you would feel drawn to. It is also saying you do not have to split them. And that your good judgement will make them meet half way. I would be honored to have such a nice push from the cards!

Always Wondering

Oh, you pulled my new favorite card. The High Priestess use to frustrate me to no end until I read Crowley's meaning.

Book of Thoth said:
Pure, exalted and gracious influence enters the matter. Hence, change, alternation, increase and decrease, fluctuation. There is, however, a liability to be led away by enthusiasm; one may become "moon-struck" unless careful balance is maintained.

AW

Grigori

I would read that as a yes. The Priestess is the path of Gimel that crosses the Abyss on the Tree of Life. In a situation where you're experiencing a barrier that has to be bypassed, the Priestess could be read as the road through the obstacle and onto whatever your aiming for. Also the image would tend to fit well with the beginning of studies, perhaps depending on what the subject matter is however.

manda78

I tend to agree with Sulis, and when I pull the High Priestess card for a yes r no question,I know the answer isnt going to come from the cards.