Is it just me or are the minor arcana cards easy

Lillie

SunChariot said:
Well for me, as an intuitive reader, it's not really a question of thinking or reasoning things out. It's just feeling it inside. Each time is different.

The same card does not necessarily have to mean the same person each time. It's just who it feels it means for that particular reading and nothing more. Or another court could come up next time representing the same person I got with a different court this time. As we all are complex multi-dimentional beings. One day the horns could look like goat horns and Capricorn, another day as someone who is acting defensive, as animals use their horns to defend themselves. It could remind me of someone I know who is acting defensive.

It's not something set, it's different each time, at least the way I read. It's a matter of noticing what's in the card and feeling what it reminds you of and who those features remind you most of. If you know what I mean. At least that is my way of reading. :grin:

And yep to me, your husband could probably be any of the cards, it depends on the reading and who you feel it means. If you do enough readings, he could likely end up being them all in time. We all have so many aspects in us, and there are so many parts to an image in a card that can strike us.

Babs

I am not a totally intuitive reader. I do use my intuition, but only within the standard meanings. Which I find so diverse that most of them cover most things!

With the courts, I agree totaly with you, and that is what I try to do.
But still it never feels right.

It always feels like I never got to know them properly and I don't know who they are.

Oh well

Sacrelicious

Regarding the courts - learn about the astrological archetypes that they represent. Thats the best advice I could give.

ravenest

I sort of see the corts as 1 part of a 3 part formulae. The Trumps are the energies, the courts are the methods and the minors are the results.
Also I see the courts as parts of myself, or 'angelic beings' or unconcious forces (depending on their position and aspects in a reading).
Its fun too see them as people coming into your life; a flaming knight, a mysterious woman emerging from the forest, a mystical watery Queen, it would be fun to be running into people like that on a boring day.
But perhaps we sometimes do, perhaps the outward appearence of a court represents the inward appearence or energy or message of certain people we meet (perhaps unknown even to themselves?).

I also like to attribute people to courts on intuition, disregarding astrology etc.

gorgeousbutterfly

Sacrelicious
Resident

"Regarding the courts - learn about the astrological archetypes that they represent. Thats the best advice I could give."

-what excatly do you mean? thanxs in advance.:)

thinbuddha

Lillie said:
Connecting people to the courts.

Yeah, other people have said that.
butthat's the problem.
I can't seem to see people as the courts!

Some days I look at my husband and wonder which he is.
and he's either loads of them or none of them.

The trick is this: Which one of them is he IN THE SITUATION IN QUESTION? He may be a knight of swords when it comes to most situations, but suddenly he's a Prince of Cups in situations involving (insert situation here). Or maybe he has more than one aspect of his personality arising in the same situation. He can be a Queen of Disks AND a Prince of Wands at the same time.

The way I see it, we all have every court card as part of us- but at different times, different court cards will take possession of our personality.

So I don't find that assigning real people that I know to one specific card all that helpful. But assigning fictional characters (especially from mythology) or famous personalities (who we only know as fictionalized representations, anyway) seems like it might be helpful.... Just an idea (one that I haven't tried).

But to the subject at hand- the pips. I think that the Thoth deck has the most brilliant pips of ANY deck out there. Each one conveys an idea or feeling, but it does it in a way that doesn't get so specific as to narrow the possible meanings. So you can see the picture that practically clobbers you over the head with the general meaning, so you don't have to really memorize anything- but you aren't locked into the situation of a given scene (like the RWS pips).

-tb

ravenest

Right on TB!

Lillie

thinbuddha said:
But assigning fictional characters (especially from mythology) or famous personalities (who we only know as fictionalized representations, anyway) seems like it might be helpful.... Just an idea (one that I haven't tried).
-tb

Good god!
Now there's an idea!

I'm going to try that.

Thank you Tb.

vision777

i was always one of those who thought the minor arcana cards were easy too. i guess because when i first started reading them in 1998 the major arcana cards seem kinda of boring in the picture because they would be sitting still and i would feel confused and just look over them .but now i study thier meaning more closely and i get the point. i guess the minor arcana cards seem like action pack movies and the major arcana seem like statues. except for the devil and tower and magican ,jugment, the sun the wheel of fortune strenght those are the ones that make me pay attention the other ones i have to keep staring at i don't feel really nothing when i see them its like they are passing by.i'm still working on getting to know the full major arcana.so far i know all there numbers by heart 0 fool ,1 magican,the high priestess 2 etc. and i still read mt hanson-roberts deck.

ravenest

Why didnt I think of this before!

thinbuddha said:
The way I see it, we all have every court card as part of us- but at different times, different court cards will take possession of our personality.

I couldnt stop thinking about that after I went offline yesterday. So if every card is part of us, (some active and some dormant) I started assigning them to the 'interior landscape'. 4 each for my spirtual, emotional mental and material natures,( for want of better words), and each K, Q P & Pss fullfilling their own functions and interacting .... anyway, on and on in went ... and still goes. I think it makes a great psychic classification system of the self when looking at more 'conscious fources'(better than other systems like goetia etc anyway, whose immages are wierd psychotic and surreal, which seem to source the unconcious).

thinbuddha

As much as I like to take credit for a good idea, I am positive that I didn't come up with this one on my own. I'd like to give credit, but I can't remember who deserves it.....