Victory, 6 of wands

Adjustment

I did a search on this card here on the thoht forum and i couldn't find anything about it. anythoughts on Victory. I got this card when I asked how a person was doing with a situation they are in. Is this card suggesting the situation is under control

Kenny

'The four Sixes are thus representative of their respective elements at their pratical best.'

Jupiter in Leo
Optimism, generosity, enthusiam, ability to enthuse others. Live life to the fullest.

Numerology
The numerological number of the card is 6. Love, romance, nurturing, responsibility, family, duty, service to others, balance, harmony.

Overall
This is, like all six cards, are powerful and wonderful. In the situation I would read that they are doing well, living life to the fullest; full of optimism and enthusiam--so much so that they might enthuse those around them. They seem also to be balanced, responsible, and dutyfull.

rainwolf

The sixes are the best minor cards. Think of fire associations and that should give you many answers.

sweet_intuition

rainwolf said:
The sixes are the best minor cards.

I quite like the Aces more than the sixes :)

Lillie

Tara Deck said:
I did a search on this card here on the thoht forum and i couldn't find anything about it. anythoughts on Victory. I got this card when I asked how a person was doing with a situation they are in. Is this card suggesting the situation is under control

I'd read it as a good sign.
Hard to say more without knowing the situation, but yes, if under control is important, then the situation is.

It's a very nice card to get.

ravenest

6 Wands.

To put it in another infamous person's words; The Triumph of the Will.

Note the form of the Wands in this card.

Lillie

Go on then.

What about the form of the wands?

ravenest

Lillie said:
Go on then.

What about the form of the wands?

Okay then:

As Crowley says, “The three Wands of the Three Adepts.” i.e. Adeptus Minor, Adeptus Major and Adeptus Exemptus – corresponding to Tiphareth, Geburah and Chesed. These Wands appear earlier in the 5 where Crowley describes them as Chief Adept, 2nd or Major Adept (The Phoenix Wand), The Wand of the 3rd or Minor Adept (the Mother he talks about here is Isis)

Yes, the ‘Phoenix’ does look a little Setian … what’s with the ears?

In the 5 of Wands the arrangement looks balanced but there is only 1 Chief Wand and the Phoenix Wands look outwards. In the Six of Wands it all looks balanced and the Phoenix Wands look towards the centre (In relation to their application in the 5 or the 6 see Crowley’s comments about fire being on or off the Middle Pillar of the Tree of Life) but, to me, the artistic arrangement of the card seems to be lacking something, it’s a bit staid.

Note the 7 of Wands, the arrangement is the same but overlaid is a wilder and primal Wand, for me, this corrects the above artistic vacuum.

Crowley further comments in ‘One Star in Sight’ (An outline of the G.D. / A.A. system):
Adeptus Minor – Performance of the Great Work, Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel, Formula of the R+C.
Adeptus Major – General Mastery of Magick.
Adeptus Exemptus – Perfects the above and moves to another plane.

And further:

Exemptus – Produces a great literary work, a magical thesis. Bodhisattva, transcends ego.
Major – Self reliance, Comprehension of the Wheel of Force and its three forces of Radiation, Conduction, Convection (Sulphur, Salt and Mercury – The Three Gunas – see The Wheel - Thoth Atu).
Minor – Equilibriation of the self and passions (the Cross of the Elements). Teaches Magick and Mysticism.

The Powers of the Wands.
(From the G. D. Ceremony of Adeptus Minor.)

OPENING.

3rd Adept: “I bear a simple Wand, having the colors of the 12 signs of the Zodiac between Light and Darkness and surmounted by the Lotus Flower of Isis. It symbolizes the development of Creation.”

2nd Adept: “Mine is a Wand terminating in the Symbol of the Binary and surmounted by the Tau cross of Life, or the head of a Phoenix, sacred to Osiris. The seven colors of the Rainbow between Light and Darkness are attributed to the Planets. It symbolizes Rebirth and Resurrection from Death.”

Chief: “My Wand is surmounted by the Winged Globe, around which the twin Serpents of Egypt twine. It symbolizes the equilibriated force of the Spirit and the Four Elements beneath the everlasting wings of the Holy One.”

Chief: “…the Zodiac, whose Key is the working of the Spirit and the Four Elements, typified in the Wand which I bear.”

THE THIRD POINT

(All officers raise their Wands and place them on Candidate)
Chief touches the base of the brain, the Second the right temple, the Third the left temple.
Chief: “Be thy mind opened unto the higher.”

(They then touch Anks in a triangle around his heart “Be thy heart a centre of Light.”
Spine and left and right hips; “Be thy body the Temple of the Rosy Cross.”
Then they use their Wands for the LVX parts and signs of the Hexagram ritual.)

In notes on the Lotus Wand it says; “The Lotus is not to be touched in working, but in Sephirotic and Spiritual Things, the Flower is to be inclined towards the forehead; and to rise in the Planes, the orange colored centre is to be fully directed to the forehead.”

What is missing from the arrangement in the 6 of Wands is the Candidate, who appears in the 7 as the primal Wand being enflamed. Or one can say that after achieving the initiation of Exempt Adept there is still more, you eventually are forced into the Abyss ether to become a Magus or loose the plot (not fully transcend the ego) and become a ‘Black Brother’ (a type of nasty wanker magical teacher Guru that is really trying to line his own nest – you know the type … one doesn’t need to be an Adept first although to achieve this ‘level’). Basically, regardless of the initiation, there are forces inside you and specific to you. The 6 is showing the process to Victory but your own Valor is needed to make it all work.

Consider what happens to some after victory. It ruins everything, the proto-Greeks that invaded Troy where absolutely shattered and devastated afterwards, split asunder and cast adrift, some for 10 years, others that returned home found a lot of trouble. The ‘victory’ in Troy signaled the end of their Golden age - they lacked the spiritual valour that Alexender showed .

Adjustment

ravenest said:
Okay then:

As Crowley says, “The three Wands of the Three Adepts.” i.e. Adeptus Minor, Adeptus Major and Adeptus Exemptus – corresponding to Tiphareth, Geburah and Chesed. These Wands appear earlier in the 5 where Crowley describes them as Chief Adept, 2nd or Major Adept (The Phoenix Wand), The Wand of the 3rd or Minor Adept (the Mother he talks about here is Isis)

Yes, the ‘Phoenix’ does look a little Setian … what’s with the ears?

In the 5 of Wands the arrangement looks balanced but there is only 1 Chief Wand and the Phoenix Wands look outwards. In the Six of Wands it all looks balanced and the Phoenix Wands look towards the centre (In relation to their application in the 5 or the 6 see Crowley’s comments about fire being on or off the Middle Pillar of the Tree of Life) but, to me, the artistic arrangement of the card seems to be lacking something, it’s a bit staid.

Note the 7 of Wands, the arrangement is the same but overlaid is a wilder and primal Wand, for me, this corrects the above artistic vacuum.

Crowley further comments in ‘One Star in Sight’ (An outline of the G.D. / A.A. system):
Adeptus Minor – Performance of the Great Work, Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel, Formula of the R+C.
Adeptus Major – General Mastery of Magick.
Adeptus Exemptus – Perfects the above and moves to another plane.

And further:

Exemptus – Produces a great literary work, a magical thesis. Bodhisattva, transcends ego.
Major – Self reliance, Comprehension of the Wheel of Force and its three forces of Radiation, Conduction, Connection (Sulphur, Salt and Mercury – The Three Gunas – see The Wheel - Thoth Atu).
Minor – Equilibriation of the self and passions (the Cross of the Elements). Teaches Magick and Mysticism.

The Powers of the Wands.
(From the G. D. Ceremony of Adeptus Minor.)

OPENING.

3rd Adept: “I bear a simple Wand, having the colors of the 12 signs of the Zodiac between Light and Darkness and surmounted by the Lotus Flower of Isis. It symbolizes the development of Creation.”

2nd Adept: “Mine is a Wand terminating in the Symbol of the Binary and surmounted by the Tau cross of Life, or the head of a Phoenix, sacred to Osiris. The seven colors of the Rainbow between Light and Darkness are attributed to the Planets. It symbolizes Rebirth and Resurrection from Death.”

Chief: “My Wand is surmounted by the Winged Globe, around which the twin Serpents of Egypt twine. It symbolizes the equilibriated force of the Spirit and the Four Elements beneath the everlasting wings of the Holy One.”

Chief: “…the Zodiac, whose Key is the working of the Spirit and the Four Elements, typified in the Wand which I bear.”

THE THIRD POINT

(All officers raise their Wands and place them on Candidate)
Chief touches the base of the brain, the Second the right temple, the Third the left temple.
Chief: “Be thy mind opened unto the higher.”

(They then touch Anks in a triangle around his heart “Be thy heart a centre of Light.”
Spine and left and right hips; “Be thy body the Temple of the Rosy Cross.”
Then they use their Wands for the LVX parts and signs of the Hexagram ritual.)

In notes on the Lotus Wand it says; “The Lotus is not to be touched in working, but in Sephirotic and Spiritual Things, the Flower is to be inclined towards the forehead; and to rise in the Planes, the orange colored centre is to be fully directed to the forehead.”

What is missing from the arrangement in the 6 of Wands is the Candidate, who appears in the 7 as the primal Wand being enflamed. Or one can say that after achieving the initiation of Exempt Adept there is still more, you eventually are forced into the Abyss ether to become a Magus or loose the plot (not fully transcend the ego) and become a ‘Black Brother’ (a type of nasty wanker magical teacher Guru that is really trying to line his own nest – you know the type … one doesn’t need to be an Adept first although to achieve this ‘level’). Basically, regardless of the initiation, there are forces inside you and specific to you. The 6 is showing the process to Victory but your own Valor is needed to make it all work.

Consider what happens to some after victory. It ruins everything, the proto-Greeks that invaded Troy where absolutely shattered and devastated afterwards, split asunder and cast adrift, some for 10 years, others that returned home found a lot of trouble. The ‘victory’ in Troy signaled the end of their Golden age - they lacked the spiritual valour that Alexender showed .
Very good insights about the 6 of wands, thank you for sharing it.

rachelcat

Yes, thank you for the information about wands. Very helpful!

And here's my IDS!

6 = highest and best
Wands = action (will, achievement)
Victory!

Pairs of lotus, phoenix, and caduceus wands cross harmoniously. Controlled (candle-like) flames burn at the crossing points. The wands are mostly yellow/orange on a lavender-gray background. The lotuses look like faces—two blue eyes and a red line for a mouth. The phoenixes face toward the center. They have long beaks and long ears. The caduceuses have red circles, aqua wings, and small blue snakes. The overall impression is harmonious, balanced expression of energy.

The flames make a double triangle shape, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, also very harmonious. Crowley mentions there are 9, relating this card to the Moon sephiroth, the next one on the middle pillar, emphasizing harmony even more.

Jupiter in Leo: Grandeur, kindness, dignified, benevolent superiority, optimistic

In a reading: The time of success is at hand! Things are not hectic or crazy—they reflect the culmination of the energy and work you have put into something. Everything has fallen into place.