What is the meaning of the extra card?

crystal dawn

the 3 magus cards in prem edition are magus cards

crystal dawn said:
Thanks chriske

I got my first thoth deck today the one in the big green box, the borders are grey and it does have the extra UH card - yay.

Thanks again

blessings

crystal dawn

I have also just got the premier edition which has the three magus cards - they are all titled the magus ( i know in some packs with three magus cards that 1 is sometimes called the magician) not a problem just thought it was interesting to note. Also the cards are small - smaller than the traditional sized cards though still bigger than the barbara walker tarot and hanson roberts tarot heehee. Just thought i would add that this deck is exactly the same size as the Tarot of the Witches deck ( thats the one which was painted by Fergus Hall).
So i now have a small deck and a large deck - the large one maybe for just study and meditation only, and just starting to read the book of thoth

blessings

crystal dawn

chriske

Magus / Magician

I had never noticed that all 3 cards are now called "The Magus" so I unsealed a US Games small cards violet box to check. And, of course, you're absolutely right.

I thought that I had a bigger collection of small size cards than I actually have. I have only found 2 copies of the US Games white box from 1987 which have the extra Magus cards, one of which is entitled "The Magician".

Ligator

I sometimes use the extracard in a very special way. It is when I want to find the first three cards when doing a spread. The first is the card BEFORE the blank card. The second and third are the once after the blank card...

Do anyone do something similar with your blank card?

/T