Regular RWS Readers: What Is Your Favorite Version?

graspee

My favourite to look at is the PCS Commemorative but I find the cards really thick and it makes shuffling awkward so I normally use pocket Universal when I want an RWS reading. As someone mentioned, it is a really nice little box that it comes in where the top lifts off completely.

nicky

PCS commemorative - although starlightexp's Pam A rocks them all

caridwen

I just answered this question but am happy to answer it again as I am currently procrastinating.:D

My favourite Rider Waite deck is the first one I bought, the Original.

I think I would also like the Commemorative deck but do not have it so can't confirm that feeling.:)

Nightgarden

Second vote here for the Illuminated.
Though I am not the great RW fan, this one is special for me.

Apart from that, I prefer my first RW, the Rider Tarot De Luxe by AGMüller/Urania with gilt edging and green pattern backs.

Tibor

So what is it about El Tarot Universal de Waite that is better than Radiant? Because I just ordered a Radiant so I could crop it down to no-borders no-titles. :)

I did that and it looks amazing :) and it's my favourite

Queen of Disks

My favorite is the Universal Waite. It has color without being obnoxious like the Radiant. It was the first deck I actually understood.

Bhavana

I only have newer versions of the Universal and the RW that comes in the yellow box, USGames. I love them both for different reasons, and as for the rest, I would probably like to have one of each. I can find something nice about all of them.

Asher

My favorite...

would have to be my Pam B. It has aged beautifully, yet the colors are still vibrant.

For everyday use, I reach for either my Edith Waite Tarot Universal or the PCS Commemorative.

I have quite a few other versions, but these are my top 3.

Asher

asphodelia

Sorry for the ignorance (I'm new to the forum) - but which one is the 'Pam B' version of the RWS that you are referring to on this thread?

rwcarter

Sorry for the ignorance (I'm new to the forum) - but which one is the 'Pam B' version of the RWS that you are referring to on this thread?
asphodelia, the Pams refer to the first printings of the Rider Waite deck. I believe that Pam B is the first printing of the deck from 1909 that was warehoused until it was released in the 1930s. Pam A is the printing that was released in 1909/1910. There are also Pam C and Pam D editions. There are many threads about the various editions of the deck. You can see them in this post in the forum index.