Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Soaring Eagle

[size=+2]Welcome to the New Intensive Deck Study (IDS)![/size]

Due to continued interest in the IDS thread, I have decided to start a new thread. All PM notifications should be sent to me when starting in the group and when changing decks, so that I may be able to keep the list of participants updated. Thank you.

This is a support group for those wishing to do an intensive study of their chosen deck.
As our collections grow, it seems that we don’t always take the time to study each deck individually. Studying your chosen deck gives you a chance to do an in-depth study, really get to know your deck, let it become a part of you

[size=+1]Every group has rules, so here are ours:[/size]

~ To join this study group
~ Post your intention to participate​
~ Create and post your guidelines during your IDS.​
~ Send a PM to me, incase I miss your initial posting.​

~ Each participant will choose only one deck for their IDS.
This is to insure that you get more out of your IDS. If you were to do an IDS on several decks at once, you would not be able to really get that “connection” with your deck.

~ Post your progress atleast weekly, so that others can see your progress, and so that you can get any needed support.

~ It is beneficial to many people if you post your progress on each card in the Study Groupshttp://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14 forum. This thread is not meant for such postings. Please check the study groups index to see if a group is already started. You may post a link from the Study Groups forum in your postings here.

~ This is NOT a competition. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you study your deck. The idea is that each participant will gain the most from their deck. Some may complete their studies rather quickly, while others do so at a more sedate pace.

~ There is no right or wrong way to study. Each participant is individual, as is each deck. Please post how you are studying, so that others can see what you are doing, and possibly use these ideas for their own studies. If you feel that one way isn’t working out for you, don’t be afraid to try something new.

~ Remember, this is the Intensive Deck Study, so your studies should reflect that. For example, study the scenery, animals, plants, symbols, etc. Keep it FUN!! If you enjoy your studies, you will more than likely finish it.

~ If you finish your IDS, or you wish to change decks, please post in this thread and let us know. It is beneficial to the group as a whole if you explain why you’ve finished your IDS or why you’ve changed decks.

[size=+1]Overall:[/size]

If, in the course of your IDS, you aren't having fun, and you aren't enjoying your time with your deck, and you avoid this thread, if not Talking Tarot overall, something is WRONG. Talk about it with the group, work with the group to figure out what's wrong, and learn how to move past it :)

*And of course, a huge thank you to the wonderful thorhammer for starting the IDS originally and for being all-around awesome :thumbsup: We wouldn't be here now without her" :) Also a huge thank you to zan_chan for restarting the group the second time. Hopefully he won't mind that we've started a new study group.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=147339

Alta

Soaring Eagle

Participant List

Soaring Eagle: Vision Quest (IDS completed :)) Celtic Dragon (IDS completed :)) Animal Wise (stopped IDS)
Herbal Tarot(IDS completed :))​
Minotauro: Golden Tarot of Klimt

Hunter: Pink Playing Cards (stopped IDS)

Ivy Rhiannon: Animals Divine

Penthasilia: Maat

Janie144: Mary Griffins (stopped IDS)

Emily: Animal Wise (stopped IDS)

Starlily: Legacy of the Divine Tarot

Chiriku: Maat

Astronautica: Masonic Tarot

DivineGoddess: Vision Quest (IDS completed :)) Animals Divine (IDS completed :))

Keeks: Fairy Tale Tarot

Vee: Roots of Asia

Nerys: Deviant Moon

Soaring Eagle

I will try to:

Study this deck for 3 months. I am starting October 1, 2011 and will re-evaluate the need to study this deck December 31, 2011.
Keep my journal updated daily.
Respond to all PMs sent to me in a timely manner.
Study on the internet and in books anything related to my deck.
Do a 3 card draw daily and enter it in my journal.
Only use the Vision Quest deck for study, readings, etc.
Post in this thread offering encouragement to those who need it.

I will not:

Buy any new decks during my IDS.
Allow myself to become discouraged during my IDS.

Minotauro

I want to sign up!

with my lovely golden tarot of klimt <3

but I dont know for how long :) as long as the deck it needs to be studied I guess , but let's say 2 months at least so I compromise to soemthings more specific , but probably more.

I dont keep a journal , but Im gonna try to fill a notebook with my thoughts on every card , so Im gonna try and finish that notebook before I finish my IDS.

research the source painting of very card , what klimt intented , who te characters on the painting are , what was the purpose or why the painting was made ,what klimt said about it. in general research as much as I can , or as much as is necesary to understand the card.

I will give suport an show my interest in other mebers studies :)
thank yo for making the new thread ;)

Soaring Eagle

I want to sign up!

with my lovely golden tarot of klimt <3

but I dont know for how long :) as long as the deck it needs to be studied I guess , but let's say 2 months at least so I compromise to soemthings more specific , but probably more.

I dont keep a journal , but Im gonna try to fill a notebook with my thoughts on every card , so Im gonna try and finish that notebook before I finish my IDS.

research the source painting of very card , what klimt intented , who te characters on the painting are , what was the purpose or why the painting was made ,what klimt said about it. in general research as much as I can , or as much as is necesary to understand the card.

I will give suport an show my interest in other mebers studies :)

You have been added to the participant list. A jounal and a notebook with your thoughts are almost the same thing. I haven't been keeping my journal up daily, but I do put the dates on the top of the page of my notebook. Actually, I have two. One for readings and one for individual card studies.

Good Luck in your studies.

Marieve

Hey Soaring Eagle,

Thanks a lot for starting a thread. I am now watching this thread and I will join in few days when I made up my mind which deck to give my exclusive attention to. I have couple of new decks coming and want to take them into consideration, also Secret Tarot currently made it's big come back on me somehow, I love it but I don't feel as it's reach enough in symbolism to be studied. Before I found this thread I did some quite intensive studying with the Vampyres on my own, I know this is unfinished business with that deck and I might come back to it.

Anyway, good luck to you and looking forward to see how your adventure will be going. Excited to see which decks other people will choose to study and everybody's strategies, I might need to borrow some ideas first. Cheers.

Soaring Eagle

Hey Soaring Eagle,

Thanks a lot for starting a thread. I am now watching this thread and I will join in few days when I made up my mind which deck to give my exclusive attention to. I have couple of new decks coming and want to take them into consideration, also Secret Tarot currently made it's big come back on me somehow, I love it but I don't feel as it's reach enough in symbolism to be studied. Before I found this thread I did some quite intensive studying with the Vampyres on my own, I know this is unfinished business with that deck and I might come back to it.

Anyway, good luck to you and looking forward to see how your adventure will be going. Excited to see which decks other people will choose to study and everybody's strategies, I might need to borrow some ideas first. Cheers.

Thank you for your interest. Please do join us when you have decided on a deck. Everyone is welcome.

hunter

Originally the "One Deck Wonder" group was exclusive to one deck, and the IDS was was intensive but not exclusive. Somewhere along the line, the groups merged and the IDS appears to have turned into the "One Deck Wonder"??

Intensive and exclusive are not the same thing. I would like to do some intensive study, but in no way want to worry that I am "cheating" because I pull out the Vampyres for a quick read when I'm very angry.

The idea that we can read for others with the deck that they need is okay, but we are not allowed to engage in that type of self-care is a little confusing to me :-0

Soaring Eagle

Originally the "One Deck Wonder" group was exclusive to one deck, and the IDS was was intensive but not exclusive. Somewhere along the line, the groups merged and the IDS appears to have turned into the "One Deck Wonder"??

Intensive and exclusive are not the same thing. I would like to do some intensive study, but in no way want to worry that I am "cheating" because I pull out the Vampyres for a quick read when I'm very angry.

The idea that we can read for others with the deck that they need is okay, but we are not allowed to engage in that type of self-care is a little confusing to me :-0

As I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure how the groups originally started. For many people, in my opinion, it is easier to intensively study a deck by focusing only on that deck. I originally wanted to join an intensive study group mainly as a form of support. For me, it is definately easier to focus on the deck I'm studying by excluding other decks.

If you are able to do an intensive study of one particular deck while still using another, then you show more will power than I have. Please feel free to complete your IDS in any manner that you feel comfortable. As stated in the original post "~Each participant will choose one deck that will be used as close to exclusively as possible for the period of time chosen by the participant. Of course, exceptions can be made (this isn't school!) for professional readings, or important readings for others. But, all readings done for oneself, and in the AT Reading Exchange forums, are to be done as close to exclusively as possible with one's chosen deck." I think the keywords are "as close to exclusively" just so that you can truly focus on your IDS.

I hope you will join us in our studies.

janie144

I think I would like to give this a go, hmm what deck to choose, I love them all.

Well i have been kinda working with the Haindl this week, and that is truly a deck that could use an intensive study, but I would really like to get to know my deviant moon a bit better, then there is my Hezicos tarot, I had a dream about a specific card from this deck a few nights ago and I have never before had a tarot related dream, so maybe my subconscious is more in tune with this deck, and as the original post says better to let the deck choose you than the other way round.

Ok Im gonna wait till the kids are in bed and go through my decks before choosing, be back soon :)

Oh and thanx for doing this Soaring Eagle