Cards falling out while shuffling

jade

i think that this thread, in particular, really shows how there are no rights or wrongs when reading the tarot. we all have our way of doing things and the cards, in their wisdom, know what we 'believe or practise' and therefore work with us :D

aaahhh, the ecclecticness of AT.

in light,
jade

redfairy

always pay attention

YES I always pay attention to cards that fall out while shuffling. Ofcourse, unless they fall out in great numbers, which only indicates that you are a messy shuffler!!!!!!!!

ladymermaid

when i am shuffing my cards and one falls out i pick it up and still shuffle.

Emeraldgirl

I pay attention tio cards that fall out while shuffling. Last night the King of cups fell out twice. Message? I think so. But after they are oput I put them back in with the rest of the deck and keep shuffling. I also pay extra attention if the card that fell out later appears in the spread.

mysticmonkey

I've had this happen a few times and the card appears again in the spread. The freakiest one was today though. I was just doing a general week ahead reading for practise and shuffling the cards, trying to get into the right frame of mind. I was using the overhand shuffle and one card slid very casually and smoothly over my left thumb and onto the bed. I picked it up, noted the card and shuffled it back into the deck.

I picked out my three cards for my reading, it didn't appear in the reading so I thought little of it. After the reading I shuffled again ready to put the cards away when the same thing happened, a card slid over my left thumb onto the bed in almost exactly the same way. I turned it over and it was the same card.

Slightly weirded out I shuffled it back into the pack and continued shuffling pondering on what it might mean but just intending to shuffle the pack a few more times and then put it away. I suddenly got the urge to stop shuffling and turn over the top card in my left hand. Same card. I think the cards are definately trying to tell me something. ;)

Nuncle

Catbaloo,

This sort of thing happens to me a lot. The same card or cards will come out. Sometimes I will find them when I cut, or sometimes in the reading. I ususally pay a lot of attention to these, but will shuffle them back in. Occasionally, multiple cards will come out. At times these groups contain the other, single cards that have appeared, sometimes not. Sometimes the groups seem to be specific--reinforcing cards or opposites for example--and sometimes not. 11 cards popped out a few days ago, and I did a reading with them. Interesting, too, since a number of cards that had jumped out were in this group, and depending on which way I did the spread one of the cards duplicated its exact position in a spread from a few days earlier. That surprised me! The same card showed up again last night in a different kind of spread.

I think Sometimes I'm just messy :laugh:, but often the cards seem to be telling me something, too.

Yours,
Nuncle

cassiepiece

jumping

Hi

great thread.

I have found on several occassions that a card that has jumped out then shows up in the reading . As a comparative newbie to tarot I have taken into be further evidence of the 'validity' of tarot and I believe that my guides really, really want me to consider that card's insight. The cards that jump out are always relevant and useful to my question. amazing and nice to hear others' beliefs.

Best wishes
cassiepiece

Trogon

Interesting that someone revived this old thread ... I'd missed it before... :laugh:

The way that I shuffle most of my decks, I almost never have a card fall out, or "pop out" so to speak. As such, if it does[/i] happen, I do pay attention to the card. I leave it out and use it as a card to more or less become part of the reading, or set the tone or subject of the reading (very useful for "general" readings), or to provide extra insight into the person for whom I am reading or their particular question.

BlueLeaf

I read for a friend in the park, and as she shuffled, the wind grabbed a card and took off with it. She got up and went running after, and I thought "That card's significant!" When she came back and handed it to me, I started laughing because it answered her question perfectly.

It's a matter of your intuition. I've had cards fall out that have just made me go "eh?" and I stick them back in and shuffle some more. So I don't think every time a card falls out it's meaningfull. The cards seem to let you know when it is.

Aulruna

My experience with this is:

When cards fall out while I shuffle, it is usually a message/additional info for me as the reader, not something that will go into the spread. Quite often this is something I will address before I actually start the reading.

When more cards than the intended slip out of the deck while I'm laying them out into the spread, than these are directly related to the spread.

Since I'm not a clumsy person and always focus before I read (if I can't focus, I won't read), the flying cards syndrome happens rarely. When it did, it always made sense.

Cheers
Morwenna