5 of pentacles and the kabbalah?

tarotdude

hello all!

the other day i was just looking at random cards and i found the five of pentacles, i looked at it and noticed that the pentacles were arranged in a order similer to that kabbalah drawing that i see in those new age books.

have any of you noticed this?

peace out!

p.s. sorry if i was supposed to post this in the kabbalah forums :p

minrice

For the RWS deck? Yes, I believe it is the tree of life!
This arrangement also shows up in the 10 of Pentacles!

tarotdude

thanks!

i guess i should learn the basics of the kabbalah to help me with tarot

i got the first volume of the zohar at my church yardsale for 1 dollar! but sadly, i could not follow hat it was saying

peace out

Sulis

You really don't need to know anything about kabbalah to read tarot well. Some people use it when they read but many more don't.
I think that a good working knowledge of the symbolism used in tarot is invaluable though.

Grizabella

Peace out? I'm new to that one. It must mean the same as when we hippie/love child era people would say "chill out" or something like that, huh? We used to just say "peace" or make the peace sign with our hands. :)

Anywayyyyyy-----I don't think you have to know kabbalah to use Tarot unless it's a deck based on it. I'm not sure RWS was based on that at all, was it? I guess I should start hanging out in that forum to learn more about it.

It's interesting that you noticed that, though. I hadn't noticed before.

tarotdude

ohh...okay

when i get really old and i know alot more about divination, and magick i'm going to make a deck that incorperates that stuff

it's going to include; numerology, kabbalah, symbology, moon cycles, chackras, and other stuff

sound like a good idea?