Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

porcupines

The meaning attached to this card never fails to fascinate me. I have never personally had this card come up in my readings and wanted to understand what entails a 'Tower' event. In your experience what happened when you had the Tower come up in your reading?

All stories welcome!

(ps: I'm not sure if this goes here or Talking Tarot but I thought here was more appropriate, please let me know if I should move this thread!)

Kgirl

Can I just remove the Tower card from my Rider Waite deck? :shhh:

Kgirl

Actually it has in one instance but it ended up being the best thing that could happen to me?

Also it happened another time in a much smaller way but was a positive shock ... so I shouldn't hate on it too much! LOL

Kgirl

Just to be more helpful to your thread ... I posted this in another thread about the Tower

The other thread is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=168260&page=2

I asked about a guy's feelings for me one night, it was a Sunday night. This was a very intense situation for me and I believed with all my heart we would come together ... FINALLY!

Then on this Sunday night I got The Tower and 3 of Swords ... three days later I found out he was seriously involved with someone else. It absolutely took me by surprise and was absolutely devastating. But you know what? It was also an absolute blessing because he's not a great person, a very deceptive person and he is her problem, not mine! LOL

I've never felt happier ... like a fog lifting out of my mind and life. It turned out to be a wonderful thing but very tough at the time

Girl Archer

My Tower moment

The Tower has unfortunately popped up every time a breakup was around the corner (only twice but even then...) It signified the kind of break up which you think could never happen in a relationship where you think everything is smooth and lovey-dovey. It completely pulled the rug out from beneath my feet and oh my, what a staggering fall. But then, I am glad those relationships did not work out because they were just not the kind of people I could have had a future with, long term. Fling material, not ring ;) That was so cliche but i just had to say that one!

Anyhow, my boyfriend actually calls the Tower as the Tower of Doom. He is a bit dramatic but what surprised me is this was our first reading together, and he has NO idea what that tower means and yet, he instinctively felt like it was a very bad card. (and I was using my Halloween deck, which has a very cute Tower, not at all the scary RWS version)

Kgirl

Visually the card is so striking ... its really quite a spectacular looking card (still prefer not to see it, LOL)

SunChariot

The meaning attached to this card never fails to fascinate me. I have never personally had this card come up in my readings and wanted to understand what entails a 'Tower' event. In your experience what happened when you had the Tower come up in your reading?

All stories welcome!

(ps: I'm not sure if this goes here or Talking Tarot but I thought here was more appropriate, please let me know if I should move this thread!)

The Tower for me simply means sudden and unexpected change that once it comes changes things forever in the situation. It is certainly not a negative card to me. The change can just as easily be positive. It just means that it will be totally unexpected, happen in the blink of an eye almost and will create some real change.

My favourite instance of this card in a reading, was when it said to me in the reading that this guy my friend really liked (but they were just in a platonic relationship so far) was going to just up and kiss her. Really happy news.

Babs

porcupines

My favourite instance of this card in a reading, was when it said to me in the reading that this guy my friend really liked (but they were just in a platonic relationship so far) was going to just up and kiss her. Really happy news.

Babs

Wow now thats something!!

GryffinSong

I don't recall whether its ever come up at an appropriate time, but for me I consider the following Tower moments in my life:

- layoff from my career of 15 years. An unexpected shock, but it led to some wonderful things.

- breast cancer. Another unexpected shock which did NOT lead to some wonderful things.

I consider them Tower moments because the change came from outside myself, and without my permission, or prior knowledge.

Other changes in my life I consider Death moments, because I had a hand (sometimes the only hand) in making them happen. Divorce, for instance, which I wanted, and which was a wonderful, but very major transition.