How is the Moon card related to romance?

Queenkitty88

Has anymore here experience romance in relation to the Moon card?

The Moon xard as I understand it is about emotions and superstition. Emotions is connected to romance I understand - but I take this as kind of emotion in regards to the moon as a a kind of an scarey intense feeling.

If someone has had an experience or has read for someone that the moon card come up in romance - could you share it with me please.

Thanks
Cosmoline

I have heard of the moon card coming up in romantic readings before for others. I've heard that it can mean that the relationship could be very "changeable" or that this person may not be quite who they seem, so proceed with caution.
However, interpretation varies by the reader. Everyone has a slightly different take on the cards, and if you tend to view the moon as a romantic card instead of one of illusion, then it makes sense that the moon would represent romance in your readings. I personally have some issues with the traditional meaning attached to this card. I view the moon as symbolic of the Divine Feminine and the general meaning of illusion and confusion does not fit well with my world view.
I would look at it this way; if you feel strongly that the moon is about romance or "dreamy" feelings, go with your gut. I know that is vague, but card readings depend a lot on intuition and experience. Books and discussion will only take you so far. You need to figure out what it means to YOU. Don't forget to look at the surrounding cards for extra clarification. Just my humble opinion. :)

in-the-woods

lawd knows how old this thread is, but i had to add something here ...

i just pulled the moon card, in a spread, representing my partners feelings for me, and initially i dreaded the worst as i do have an unfounded fear of the moon card. My other half and i have been through some bad times recently ( looking back probably the whole relationship haha - damned karmic ties! ) however, we are at peace at the moment, but neither my friends or family know we are back together, and nor do his. Tonight, he has gone to visit a friend. I did a sneaky reading. The moon for his feelings. Then i read this reply in the thread about the Moon ...

"One would be a secret romance between two people meeting somewhere hidden, or at night in secret to see each other... not necessarily a harmful relationship, but perhaps a romance between two people who are not ready to come out about their romance? Or perhaps two people who are linked to each, but their family or close ones won't approve or understand? So perhaps they sneak out at night to meet each other?"

I will credit the author in a sec .. i forgot who said it already, and am not clever enough to sort the box quote thingy lol .. but it kinda struck a chord with my immediate situation! Spot on x

in-the-woods

saintofscreams .. thanks for that insight. something about hitting the nail right on the head, for me.