• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

jmd

Perhaps, but one would expect, I would suggest, a preponderance of I--- over E--- amongst adults contributing to an internet site.

Also, being Tarot, and unless focussed solely on the game or history (though even this latter will attract -N--), one would expect only a very small number of -ST-, and people of this temperament are more likely to have a preference (if used for reading, rather than collecting) for a definite deck with a systematised interpretative methodology.

So the preponderance of IN--, I would claim, is predictable if the indicator is valid.

scorpiana

wow-- interesting that the majority of the poll takers are INFP's and they are so rare in the general populace. but i guess it makes sense- one of the characteristics are that we are very perceptive at "reading" people. and that's why we are all on this forum, no?

i have taken this test a number of times, first starting in high school and my results are always the same INFP INFP INFP- i am moving closer to the extrovert end of the spectrum- maybe one day i will make it!

TenOfSwords

jmd said:
Perhaps, but one would expect, I would suggest, a preponderance of I--- over E--- amongst adults contributing to an internet site.

Also, being Tarot, and unless focussed solely on the game or history (though even this latter will attract -N--), one would expect only a very small number of -ST-, and people of this temperament are more likely to have a preference (if used for reading, rather than collecting) for a definite deck with a systematised interpretative methodology.

So the preponderance of IN--, I would claim, is predictable if the indicator is valid.

Yes definately, I expected a significant overrepresentation of introverts and intuitively oriented people considering the nature of the site and seeing the distribution in the poll is to me a pretty good indicator of the validity of the test. I can see a problem with cultural biasing against certain of the types, making them show up in the wrong group (I think a lot of F's are being forced into T's by the education systems etc.), but that it basically is a valid tool.

It would be fun seeing polls on forums with completely different topics and classify the topics/forums by their MBTI preference. lol

jkxx

Heh

This seems to confirm some of my suspicions, that many poll-takers are INxx types.

For the record, I'm an INFJ, also a rare type.

the_surfacer

I used to test as an INFP, but now I'm an INFJ, apparently. Interesting. However, none of my preferences are extremely strong; I think the biggest number on my preference strength was 33%. I guess that means I'm flexible, hmm?

TenOfSwords

the_surfacer said:
I used to test as an INFP, but now I'm an INFJ, apparently. Interesting. However, none of my preferences are extremely strong; I think the biggest number on my preference strength was 33%. I guess that means I'm flexible, hmm?

Not necessarily. It might also mean that you're moving into or out from a group you don't belong to naturally (social/educational conditioning). I know that I'm currently breaking down conditioned T behaviour in myself (iNFj) from attending engineering university.

Bat Chicken

INTP

The "T" was the only one that was not practically polarized - so there is a little F and I am working on it..... To add to my confusion, I am a Cancer with a rising Scorpio! All that water and so little access to it! My Moon is Sagitarrius... and I did BOTH science and art in university!

Apparently this is very rare. According to my counselor, INTP's are 0.004% of the population and more commonly males. I am a female. It does not surprise me that so many are here!:)

I had the full test done after about 4 years of running my own business and going to career counseling because I found I was burning out - OK - burnt out. I found sales absolute murder - and attending business functions draining. Now I am doing my business (graphics) by referral only and I am enjoying it again and I have been doing more Fine Art work - it is a rewarding struggle as I battle my "T" here and draw on the N and P. Interesting...!

Thanks for the thread jmd! :)

ben1984

INFP

I am not suprised either that most people here are INFPs.

pleroma

Im borderline INFJ/INFP, only 1% favor towards Judging. The funny thing was that only 3 years ago, when I first started college, I tested as an INTJ. It seems like I unlearned thinking in my time at college, my parents would not be happy to know that this was how i spent their tuition money... :)

-Nick