Golden Tarot

retrokat

Signed copies

There was some discussion earlier here about signed copies, but the current general plan is:

I recommend that the "Artist's Card" is better to sign than the deck. It's one of the extra cards I designed, since there are 80 cards on a printing sheet. Basically, it's a message from me to readers so it seems the logical thing to sign, rather than the box. But hey, I'll sign your Grandma if you really want me to ;)

If you live in the US, you can buy signed copies through Jeannette's http://tarotgarden.com site. She'll send me whatever wants signing and I'll give 'em a scribble and return them to her for sending out to you. If we do a bunch at a time, and especially if it's cards rather than boxes, I don't think it will add much to the cost (obviously someone's going to be paying the return postage to Australia, but one card is much cheaper to post than a bulky box).

I will sell signed copies myself, but given international freight, customs and all that kind of thing, it will probably only be worthwhile to fans in Australia and New Zealand. I'll probably do so on eBay as well, since I'll be selling bags there too. Although the box it comes in is so beautiful, I don't reckon anyone's going to want to keep their deck in a bag!

Jeannette

Re: Signed copies

retrokat said:
If you live in the US, you can buy signed copies through Jeannette's http://tarotgarden.com site. She'll send me whatever wants signing and I'll give 'em a scribble and return them to her for sending out to you. If we do a bunch at a time, and especially if it's cards rather than boxes, I don't think it will add much to the cost (obviously someone's going to be paying the return postage to Australia, but one card is much cheaper to post than a bulky box).
For what it's worth: we've "officially" posted an end to the discount preorder period for the Golden Tarot on our "Upcoming Releases" page, but in anticipation of high demand for this title, I've ordered a number of extra copies on spec. If there's anyone who wants to be added to our preorder list (preorders are at a 20% discount off of retail), simply write to me at jkr@tarotgarden.com, and let me know you heard about the extended preorder offer through Aecletic.

[NOTE: please don't PM me with preorders, since part of my tracking system includes filing your original preorder request in a special folder of my regular email system.]

Be sure to let me know if you want a signed copy, and if so, what exactly you want signed (box, title card, 10 of Cups, etc.).

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

WolfyJames

How much does the deck costs? It's not written on your website.

retrokat

It's up to retailers what they sell them for. As far as I know, the current RRP is US$25.

Jeannette

When USG originally announced the pending release of the Golden Tarot back in June of '03, the RRP was listed as $20 in their catalog. I'm not sure that this is still correct; with the gold-gilt edges and nice booklet, I suspect that a RRP of $25 is probably closer to the truth. We've still got it listed on our Upcoming Releases page at $20 (with a preorder price of $17), because USG hasn't officially informed us differently. But if the RRP is indeed $25, as Kat and I suspect, then our preorder price would be $20.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Summerdream

I am sooooo looking forward to this deck. I preordered it origionally from Tarot Garden awhile back but have been waiting patiently. Like Jeanette said, good things take time!

Besides, when it comes in I'll have to wait awhile longer because I am getting my box autographed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it gets released in February!

Momof3girls:)

BrigantiaTarot

just one more person looking--

--forward to this deck! In the meantime, I've got the two very nice mugs and the tote bag, which are lovely too...

I preordered with my favorite Austin tarot source in maybe Sept.--in hopes of having the deck in October. But I think I'm just getting more excited about it as time goes on!

I'm also looking forward to the Lover's Path which was mentioned recently--I've been following it at its webiste for awhile...but I am so excited the Godlen Tarot may really be out early in Feb!

So just one more fan note!

Robin

lark

Do you have any links to the Lover's Path?

lark

Wow ask and you shall receive. Instantly :) thank you!