Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

Penny Dreadfuls said:
as there was talk about personal touches and add ons, I was wondering what they were. Now I know. Thank you.

There will also be personal touches that you DON'T know ;)

I am soooo bad with secrets! *kicks herself*

Put it this way - there will be some fun little surprises. If I can just keep quiet for 4 weeks!

JenniferAbe

retrokat said:
To develop a proper video game costs millions of dollars these days, hence I'm thinking smaller (well, starting with the small platforms!).
Oh, I know it would take millions and tons of time to develop a game...it was just getting late and I was getting a bit giddy, that's all. ;)

We are a household of 2 geeks here, but we live near an old naval weapons station and we think that's why only CDMA phones (not GSM like the iPhone) work well out here - probably a dead spot for GSM networks. We just need to move!

By the way, I was really pleased and surprised when I found out the price for the limited edition. I expected it to be more than $56 with the relatively small print run and the bags and now more "secret" personal touches. :)

retrokat

JenniferAbe said:
Oh, I know it would take millions and tons of time to develop a game...it was just getting late and I was getting a bit giddy, that's all. ;)

lol - don't worry, I've got very giddy thinking about it too! Imagine the virtual worlds - one for each suit - eg the Castle of Fire for the Wands, and one for the Majors, where you could interact with characters based on each archetype. You could have missions based on the Fool's journey and other tarot traditions. I've made pages of ideas and notes, but I know it's probably just fantasy, given the cost of game development these days.

I have it on my mental list of 'things to try to do before I die if someone else hasn't already done it by then' though :)

Leisa

Personal Touches

Penny Dreadfuls said:
If I thought $56 was too much, I wouldn't have clicked the buy button 2 times. ;) I was just asking what the deck was coming with, sorry. I obviously no little about the small run deck business and yes I guess I did get it confused with the mass market edition as the price goes. Money isn't an issue for me, but as there was talk about personal touches and add ons, I was wondering what they were. Now I know. Thank you.

There are personal touches but they are still Seeeecret ...

MareSaturni

I'll have to wait until mid-July to order this...i wonder if there wiill be any left for me :(

Penny Dreadfuls

retrokat said:
There will also be personal touches that you DON'T know ;)

I am soooo bad with secrets! *kicks herself*

Put it this way - there will be some fun little surprises. If I can just keep quiet for 4 weeks!

Oh surprises! :D They're the absolute best!

Penny Dreadfuls

Marina said:
I'll have to wait until mid-July to order this...i wonder if there wiill be any left for me :(

I'm sure there will be, that's only a few weeks away :) That would be a lot of decks to sell in a couple weeks lol.

easternsunrise

Well my life has been a bit crazy the last couple days with storm damage and such...I thought I deserved something good to look forward to so I ordered this today.

MoonGypsy

UPDATE on Touchstone

Penny Dreadfuls said:
Oh surprises! :D They're the absolute best!

UPDATE: Great news! i just saw this in Tarotconnection:

"This is a limited edition of 500 decks.

80 Cards
* Tarot bag created by the artist and her Mum
Touchstone Tarot Pen, Laser Engraved
3 cones of Divination Blend incense, a handcrafted charcoal based incense to smudge your cards and environment.
Special Mystery Gift created for you by Kat Black

July 11th 2008: I heard that the cards are printed and are in the queue to have the corners rounded."

So now we know some more of the goodies that come with Kat's wonderful limited edition deck :D PLUS!!! "A Special Mystery Gift created for us by Kat! And...the cards have been printed and having the corners rounded! :)

i am really getting excited, now! Kat, you're the Best! :D :party: :D
This is so much fun!
Love and Blessings,
MoonGypsy )0(

retrokat

I wanted to keep all the extra goodies a surprise, but Leisa was a bit worried that people wouldn't think it was worthwhile unless they knew some of the extras :)

I just heard from my Mum that the bag production is going well, and that enough should definitely be to Leisa for all the presales to be sent out on 1st August - assuming the author-cards get to me for signing in Australia and make it back to the US in time, AND that the copyright registration is all legally finalised by then.

I can't risk the deck being made public before the copyright is registered - I think most of you know about the commercial piracy of Golden, so I have to make sure that doesn't happen with Touchstone. Well, we can't stop it happening, but we can make sure it's easier to sue them if it does :)