Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

LadyMedusa

Any updates on when ordering for the limited ed. will open?

I'm not asking for me... it's just my copy of the Golden wondering when it's cousin will be comming.

LadyMedusa

retrokat

lol - I think they're closer to siblings than cousins. Or perhaps even mother and daughter - Touchstone feels sort of next-generation to me.

The deck images themselves are finished - it's sorting out the production side of it that is taking the time at the moment. Also, I need to fully reference every single component in every card collage so I can register the copyright with the Library of Congress - which is what I am currently working on.

So, I haven't given a finite answer yet, have I? I'll talk to Leisa about it and see if we can firm up an ETA.

I am so excited about some of the special things we are cooking up for the edition :)

LadyMedusa

Thanks for the update :)

I know the Golden was worth every second of that agonizingly long wait.
So I'll just keep telling myself, like Mother like Daughter...lol.

LadyMedusa

retrokat

Ha, I sure hope this doesn't take as long as Golden! Was two years after I handed over the images before it finally came out. And then, do you remember when Amazon pulled it and cancelled pre-orders when the stock had actually landed in the US - then the train carrying the stock got derailed by an avalanche and the boxes sat at a rail depot for 2 weeks. Hopefully Touchstone will be a bit more co-operative in getting into your hands!

JenniferAbe

I am so excited to have found this thread! The images on the Touchstone Tarot website look amazing, especially the facial expressions. I also love the Golden Tarot.

The digital delivery concept sounds very cool, but I definitely be pre-ordering the limited edition!! :)

Troubadour

Commercial Release of Touchstone Announced

Also worth noting that the commercial release of Kat's wonderful Touchstone is not far off and the production values are stunning (gilt edges, permanent storage box, full companion book). Here's the tease announcement on Kunati, complete with an animated flash banner that shows more glimpses of the final cards! (link is http://www.kunati.com/touchstone-tarot/ and as details are released, this is where you'll find them):

Kunati is pleased to formally announce the forthcoming publication of Kat Black's stunning new Tarot deck Touchstone Tarot.

Kat Black's previous deck The Golden Tarot, is one of the "top ten decks of all time" according to membership voting at the well-known Aeclectic Tarot group.

Touchstone is the Fool in Shakespeare's As You Like It, a most appropriate and subtle name, and the pure artistry of this wondrous deck is sure to create a stir in the Tarot community.

This magnificent deck will be a full-sized deck with elegant gilt, a designer collector box and a companion book. Watch here for more news.

HOLMES

hail

I must share that golden tarot didnt' appeal to me, but this one verily verily verily does.
I love that hermit card and hope to acquire a real deck so i can have personal reading experiences with real people with it :).

the other artwork suits me as well of course and so i am happy that this little suprise is going to be released.

Venus Moon

Joy of joys!

That 2 of Swords is breathtaking with those rich dark colors, look at that turbulent sky! It really conveys the darkened confusion, the tension build-up, waiting for the 'storm to break' and impasse that the 2 of Swords means to me.

The Hermit is very similar in look and idea to the Hermit in the Golden, love it.

GryffinSong

Venus Moon said:
...The Hermit is very similar in look and idea to the Hermit in the Golden, love it.

Interesting. I don't see the similarity, and prefer the old man in the Golden. The old man is one of my favorites. ;)