Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

GryffinSong said:
Interesting. I don't see the similarity, and prefer the old man in the Golden. The old man is one of my favorites. ;)

Both are St Francis of Assisi :)

GryffinSong

Ahhh! Light dawns over marbleHEAD. LOL

Thanks, Kat. Your Golden is my current fav, so I'm anxiously awaiting more card images of Touchstone. :D You know what my favorite thing about Golden is? The number of greyhounds and Italian greyhounds in it. I have a greyhound and four of the little IGs. :D Can you give me a hint if there are any in Touchstone???

retrokat

I've used a lot less Italian artwork this time, and also due to them being based on portraits, a bit harder to squeeze in animals. I love IG's though - my favourite dog ever was a friend's IG called Bella. She was very shy and didn't like many people, so I felt very privileged to be one of them. Her best friend was a burmese cat - it was wonderful to watch them play-fight and then groom each other :)

GryffinSong

Aww, they sound wonderful. I was really delighted to read about Bella in your acknowledgements. So sorry she's gone. :(

Attachments

• ears web.jpg
    ears web.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 169

retrokat

Like many elderly couples, they died within two weeks of each other. Once one was gone, the other just gave up.

Leisa

Woo-hooo

Kat liked the proof

retrokat

lol - Leisa, I said I LOVED it :p

I am so happy with how it's turned out - your local printer is very good, I love the slightly embossed look to the cards.

My family are helping out with my special little touches for the Limited Edition deck, and I am very excited that it's so close now.

My Mum thought she retired recently. But that was before I agreed to make 500 bags for the Limited Edition version, because we couldn't find ones that were lush enough for Touchstone but didn't push the price up too much. So Mum's working again, ha ha! I asked Jasper to help too, but he said he doesn't know how to use a sewing machine. Men! :p

Penny Dreadfuls

What great news, it is very close! I'm going to pre-order this weekend :)

retrokat

I think Leisa will be taking pre-orders very soon :) I noticed a tentative release date on her site of 1st August - that is looking feasible.

As this Limited Edition version won't be available on Amazon, you can only order from Tarot Garden or Tarot Connection. Solandia may be able to link to it at TG?

MoonGypsy

Can't Wait!!!

This is all so exciting! i emailed back and forth a couple of times today with Leisa, and things look like they are really moving a long. The fact that your mum, Kat, is making the bags for your limited edition just makes the package even sweeter and something to cherish. This one is going to be a keeper! :love:
Happy Blessings to all!
MoonGypsyXXX