Don't know who posted this, but it's pretty funny!

Rosanne

So Ronald MacDonald is real?

Majecot

That actually kinda creeped me out a bit. I kept waiting for the fangs to sprout.

metal_romantic

I'm so creeped out, I am in fetal position, rocking.
*Can't sleep, clown will eat me!*

I think I may have just been brainwashed into becoming a serial killer or something.

NorthernTigress

Can I please have 5 minutes of my life back?

That was really really creepy, and not at all educational.

Bridget

NorthernTigress said:
Can I please have 5 minutes of my life back?

That was really really creepy, and not at all educational.
Seriously! Those text tags could have been shown in 30 seconds. If the topic is soooo important that it requires a 5-minute educational video, at least use the time to actually show people using tarot cards to play a game.

saleeneh

I am sooo confused?

I didnt know that ronald mcdonald did tarot?

Greg Stanton

Well, it was obviously made my someone who has spent too much time on 4chan.

philebus

This campaign has been going for quite a while now, Ron McD has the most films but some include Batman and others. The idea was to get people's attention and tell them something they probably didn't know.

While I realise that most people here realise that tarot was and is a family of card games, they are, in my experience, in the minority. Most people know of tarot only has occult objects and believe they have an occult origin - much popular literature still promotes that idea. Read the lwb that comes with Fournier packs and you will find they allude to the old - and discredited - myth about their being part of ancient Egyptian initiation ritual. I've seen books on card games that describe playing card as being derrived from tarot which they claim had a ceremonial origin. The popular media and bookshelves are full of such misinformation.

Over the Christmas, my Sister's family was visiting us. Returing by train from a day in London, Patrick, my Brother in Law, and my niece had started a game of Tarot with a French suited pack. A man asked if he could have the other seat at our table and as I began to make room for him, Patrick asked if he would like to join our game, naming it as tarot. He asked if we were serious about these being tarot cards and I answered, yes, adding that this was a special pack for playing games. He then said that I could keep my seat and that he didn't 'do' tarot cards - and then left us to look for a seat elsewhere. This sort of thing is not at all uncommon, so I do think that the Ron McD films are serving a real need.

Of course, not all of us employ the same strategy. My own efforts have begun with something a little more informative but have been hindered by a serious lack of time over the last year. Still, I'll get back to it.

NorthernTigress

I really don't think we're against the message, just the method. If the message is so important, there must be a better way to express it than through really, really bad youtube videos.

Then again, maybe it's just a Japan-culture thing.