books on quantum physics, synchronicity and tarot

daphne

What good books you know about quantum physics, synchronicity and tarot?

(I am not asking about the Jung work, but more recent papers on this subject.)

Aerin

Capra's "The Tao of Physics" is a good book, not about tarot though. It isn't that recent, but it is good.

If you want just quantum physics then John Gribbin's "In Search of Schrodinger's Cat" together with "Schrodinger's Kittens and the Search for Reality" are good paperbacks. I say good because they point out that there is far more than one way of interpreting the experimental results. (I get grumpy when people light on just one as if it is a known truth instead of philosophical speculation.)

ps Oooh! New book by Gribbin. "In Search of the Multiverse" - want.

Libra8ca

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot is a good book too; it goes into a lot of paranormal phenomena. I liked reading it.

daphne

Nice titles, thank you!
I wonder (regarding the older titles) if not more recent books are more into the new ideas/research on the field.

hukes

Be aware that REAL quantum physics --besides requiring hard and deep knowledge of PHYSICS and MATH-- has little or almost nothing to do with the new-age approach to quantum physics.

daphne

hukes said:
Be aware that REAL quantum physics --besides requiring hard and deep knowledge of PHYSICS and MATH-- has little or almost nothing to do with the new-age approach to quantum physics.

Wow...Then, this is completely disappointing!!

I thought the theory of how tarot can get a glimpse of the bigger picture of how universe works in subtle ways can be, finally explained also on some true, real scientific discoveries in quantum physics...What you say is that it is again a just beautiful wrapped story with no science, or just a little, in it.

I was really curios to see whether it was a connection between research proved theories and tarot.

If it is all speculative, it is still interesting but not so much appealing anymore to me.

Aerin

hukes said:

Very true. Although Gribbin has an extremely good go at getting across the concepts to that creature the "lay audience".

I actually think that it is far more exciting than some of the blah blah blah stuff bandied around.

The new age stuff is philosophy rather than physics.

Despite what anyone may say nothing is "proven" *shudders* - actually you can't prove things in science anyway, all you can do is build evidence for a theory until you manage to find stuff that doesn't fit in. At that point, you probably say "Wow! How interesting" and try and find a way of explaining it.