I'm Making a Lenormand deck

La Force

I have taken the way via your homepage. Thanks for showing us your very nice pictures! It is a new idea to stitch the images, but they look very warm and clear and I like it!

as a passionate lifelong needleslinger, I say, what a great idea!
I'm not familiar with the specific lenormand images to know if you've hit it right on the button, but as a personal deck I'll bet you really get some use out of it!

Well done!

Thank you, Both

I have been a Life long needle slinger too, since I was a child my grandmother taught me, sewing, needlepoint, pettipoint, cross stitch, knitting, crochet, etc.

Well I decided to show you also images of the 2nd deck with keywords...lol

AJ you will get a kick out of the Rod Card. lol (Back in those days when teachers used the ruler on the students.) I used this instead, cause I didn't have a whip or rod cross stitched, you don't find those kind of things in needlepoint.

here the link

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5926221823699110514&oid=117178249002371185284

Enjoy

La Force
:)

ETA: I forgot to reply AJ, I can't wait to pick up my decks, I'm so excited, I wanted a Lenormand deck with keywords on it, I have one now. I even have the mate that goes with it without the keywords, so once I've learned how to read with a Lenormand (keywords) I can move right into the deck without keywords. I am so glad that I made my own, It will be so loved and well used, also what a better way to Learn to read a Lenormand.

La Force

Gulliver

Your 26 is genious! I like it soo much! haha, fine

ana luisa

What can I say ? BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVED your idea and being a crossticher, man, that's really putting a cherry on my Lenormand sundae (enough, Ana, with the food analogies!). And awesome coffee card ! I didn't believe the cappuccino would go that far :) Congratulations a again! I wish you all the luck with this baby. It is truly a gem :thumbsup:

La Force

added more info on my cross stitch pic

Your 26 is genious! I like it soo much! haha, fine

What can I say ? BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVED your idea and being a crossticher, man, that's really putting a cherry on my Lenormand sundae (enough, Ana, with the food analogies!). And awesome coffee card ! I didn't believe the cappuccino would go that far :) Congratulations a again! I wish you all the luck with this baby. It is truly a gem :thumbsup:

Thank you both very much.

IT's all AJ's fault that gave me the idea to include it in the deck. lol :) and I also was inspiring to include it as well for Mary Greer

From the 1796 book that came with the Viennese Emblematic Fortune-Telling Cards:

"With regard to the figures represented on the cards, it may easily be imagined, that they will not appear quite so plainly in the coffee cup, some degree of resemblance being sufficient, and a fertile imagination will easily supply the rest. Thirty-two figures have therefore been chosen, though the grounds in the cup may perchance represent more."

"This pack of cards which is called the coffee pack, because the figures are borrowed from those represented by the grounds in the cup, ... "

Could it be said any plainer?

I was going to include this Cross Stitch I did years ago in the deck for the TOWER card, but didn't think anyone would get it. Also this would be very difficult to take out of the frame for it was well nailed and hammered together into an old Oak frame, which would be a shame. Just to remove the glass so you don't get reflection/glare when you take a pic. of it to make a card. so I opted out.

"My Favourite X Cross Stitch. I won 2nd place and medal at a cross stitch exhibition show."

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5926559174416823458&oid=117178249002371185284

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in this deck.

if so once the decks are in my hands I'll take some more pictures so you can see the finished product. Sound good.

please let me know if your interested to have these decks available to buy.

One with keywords
One without keywords

reminder these decks are borderless

La Force

Meshabelle

okay

As I stated above about having my previous deck stolen, I hope that At members will not steal from me. All of my ideas, concept etc. that when into making the deck is 100% copyrighted.
La Force

Love love your deck! It is evident how much time and effort you spent on it.
I'm also making a deck and already before I could even complete it someone else began using the same idea. I almost didn't continue my project because of it.
You mentioned copyrighting. I'm curious what can be done to prevent this from happening with other deck ideas. In this case I wish I had shown pics of my idea everywhere instead of just a few places because now I worry folks will think I am copying the other deck. I feel a bit paranoid about that. I am fairly sure I had the idea first because I saw posts on Facebook where this other person was just getting into the style. I wonder too if some of my posts inspired her. Unfortunately I was held up by all the things you have to figure out when you've never done something before while she has already produced several decks.
I thought with art though that as long as it wasn't an outright copy anyone can use the same concept- correct me if I'm wrong. In the end her deck and mine are really different from each other though the form is similar. This will be my first deck and first public art project so I'm green as grass. Any tips are surely appreciated!

La Force

fix spelling

I'm also making a deck and already before I could even complete it someone else began using the same idea. I almost didn't continue my project because of it.
You mentioned copyrighting. I'm curious what can be done to prevent this from happening with other deck ideas. In this case I wish I had shown pics of my idea everywhere instead of just a few places because now I worry folks will think I am copying the other deck. I feel a bit paranoid about that. I am fairly sure I had the idea first because I saw posts on Facebook where this other person was just getting into the style. I wonder too if some of my posts inspired her. Unfortunately I was held up by all the things you have to figure out when you've never done something before while she has already produced several decks.
I thought with art though that as long as it wasn't an outright copy anyone can use the same concept- correct me if I'm wrong. In the end her deck and mine are really different from each other though the form is similar. This will be my first deck and first public art project so I'm green as grass. Any tips are surely appreciated!

Okay well first things first. you said you posted a few pics. up on few places right, well that is dated, so it comes down to check the dates, is your work well before theirs?

The copyright process is a bit of a pain but well worth it. It is done in stages. so for you, you will need to if you can write out a letter in great detail of your ideas, concept etc. send it to self via registered mail. DO NOT OPEN, and get a safety deposit box, which does cost money.

Then if you have any drawings copy (Printing company) them and sign with date and notes, along with the receipt send to your self registered mail. If this is not going to work for your project take pictures with camera, settings (show date) of your work, go to a professional to have them developed then send registered mail to self.

then do same with a portable usb storage data, send to self registered mail.

Also your computer has files which are dated, sent copy of those to self, via registered mail, burn cd, or what have you.

Then once you have done all that you will have to find in your country a place that does copyrights, It does cost a lot of money. depending on country. there will be lots of places in your country that will do copyrights. find one that suits your needs.

I have done this I even sent off drafts of my works, sketches of my ideas, written notes of my concepts, stages of what I'm doing etc. yes an over kill, however I am protecting my hard work.

When I did my books, I sent 3 different drafts, registered mail to self, and 3 final copies to self registered mail, then about 20 letter to self about what my ideas and concepts were of how I was doing my book. and paid money to have each one copyrighted, cost me approx 250.00, but those are books. Then after publishing I again sent a self registered copy of my published book. I even went to the cop station and had them put my finger prints on my work. however that is an over kill but when someone steal from you the first time around you will do what ever measures you need to protect yourself.

cover your butt is all I can say.

With making these decks I visited the post office once a day sending stuff to my self registered mail. then I paid for my copyrights, then the printing company also has all my stuff as well. Printing companies do (protect copyrights) they follow copyright laws. Then when I get my decks, which is a total of 4, two of them will get my finger prints put on them, then they will be send to my self registered mail. then they go into my safety deposit box, along with all my other stuff. I even send the receipts and put them with my book and decks and sent self registered mail. why cause It is Dated and has My Name, order, and number of copies, etc. Make sure the receipts are hand written out or a proper printed invoice that doesn't fade over time. Also when I received my copyrights certificate I had my finger prints put on them.

Hope this is helpful. :)

La Force

La Force

Thanks, yeah some days I pulled 24hrs working on it. many long hrs went into creating and making of these 2 decks, along with a few sleepless nights. I loved every minute of it.

Back on topic;

Would anyone be interested to buy one of my decks?

I am collecting interests, whether to take my decks further, as market them, I would seriously like to know.

La Force

AJ

my 6 month lung CT scan and mammo both came back clean, so I guess I'll live at least one more year. It is hard to make myself think forward having had the big C twice.. I'll buy it and Screw The Budget...Screw the Future. love that ruler/rod card.

I might have some trading stock too when you get to that point, a friend in Canada sent me home with some decks she didn't connect with.

edited to say: I'd like a deck with the inserts, no words. Bet that isn't an option ;)

La Force

my 6 month lung CT scan and mammo both came back clean, so I guess I'll live at least one more year. It is hard to make myself think forward having had the big C twice.. I'll buy it and Screw The Budget...Screw the Future. love that ruler/rod card.

I might have some trading stock too when you get to that point, a friend in Canada sent me home with some decks she didn't connect with.

edited to say: I'd like a deck with the inserts, no words. Bet that isn't an option ;)

Yes, it is an option, I can do the deck with the inserts, no words (without Keywords)

My healing thoughts go out to you, wishing you the best AJ. I also had the big C, I am still dealing with, I get checked regularly. My heart goes out to you.

La Force