Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle

Melia

It's my A'ha moment. your to read the cards in combination, using both the insert and the symbols

Yes the playing card inserts are on the cards to be read, but so many ignore them.

pluto'sapprentice258

Thanks, I'm looking into those books. I'm very undecided about this one Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot' by Patrick Dunn. This book seem more tarot, what I've seen so far, then lenormand. hmmmm

I'm reading a thread on the other as I am typing this

Dunn's text is more Tarot oriented, I totally agree! I haven't finished it cover to cover yet, but using for reference, I have found this also.

pluto'sapprentice258

Yes the playing card inserts are on the cards to be read, but so many ignore them.

Agreed, Melia. I don't think the Lenormand Court is given the credence is deserves. Knowing it adds such depth and dimension to a reading - there's so much information in every card just there for the taking:

:love: the symbol itself, e.g, Letter
:love: its digit (and what this digit reduces to (for the higher cards,e.g the Key 33 = 6)
:love: the Court Cards - who are they, and what are they doing?
:love: the cartomancy - is it relevant?
:love: the 'speed' of the card

Some decks even have astrological symbols on them, which I've found very useful and accurate, depending on the nature of the reading.

love
little p

Melia

So true little p. I have the older version of the French Cartomancy Lenormand and the heart card has a misprint - a '1' numeral above the heart. While I do pay attention to the numbers, I usually ignore that error, except for one time where it was key in a reading. Funny you should mention the astro symbols.

Kevin Andrew Murphy

rough finish

I just received these today, and while the box is nifty and the book is good, the cards themselves have a rough finish that's going to wear out the pictures if they're shuffled much. I'm comparing with a 1977 printing of the Astro Mythological Lenormand I found in an occult shop yesterday which has beautifully smooth and shuffleable cards even after all these years. This deck, OTOH, is smooth on the back but rough on the face. Rather sad step down in quality, especially since Lo Scarabeo is usually so good.

La Force

I just received these today, and while the box is nifty and the book is good, the cards themselves have a rough finish that's going to wear out the pictures if they're shuffled much. This deck, OTOH, is smooth on the back but rough on the face. Rather sad step down in quality, especially since Lo Scarabeo is usually so good.

I hadn't noticed that, thanks for the heads up, I'll be extra careful while shuffling the cards. This is disappointing news.

La Force