Gilded Tarot- Knight of Pentacles

beatrix

So this guy comes up for me a lot. Especially when I am doing readings that involve a particular man.

I did one about my then boyfriend (now husband) several years ago while we were in long distance relationship. It's come up again most recently in doing a reading about this man I work with who seems really nice, but who irritates me for a reason I can't figure out. I asked the cards why i was bothered by him so much. This card came up. Later I was sorting through some tarot stuff, and remembered that this card can indicate a young person of an earth sign. Turns out this guy is a Virgo.

Anyway, I've been trying to understand this knight better, since he comes up my readings a lot. I think I'm supposed to learn something from him.

My impressions-

The grass is lovely, but it's very overgrown, and the robe on the horse looks almost like it drips off him. I feel like this card can indicate being stagnant and weighed down.

This knight is a defensive rather than offensive knight. His horse doesn't move. He sits and watches.

He is more interested in gaurdnig home and hearth. The rabbit hiding in the grass stays near to him. He will protect the young, the home, and is interested in letting things grow.

Careful, though, not to let things get overgrown.

What are other people's impressions of this card?

afrosaxon

Good stuff, beatrix!

This knight pops up in my self readings too...usually with regard to a particular man/relationship as well. :D

This knight will take his own sweet time getting to where he wants to go...he will do it his way, within the parameters set by his King. He is a good defender, but he won't charge into battle like the Knight of Wands or Swords. He'd have their back, though. LOL

I don't have my Gilded with me, so I may be back later once I get to examine this card some more.

T.

foxyred813

I'm trying to look deeper into this card as well! Its so confusing with all the hidden symbols. I am just guessing here!

I really like what we have so far beatrix and afrosaxon!

Some things I notice:

His shield is missing the sun sign. The only other card I've noticed missing it is the five of pentacles - the stained glass doesn't have it. Seems serious?

I looked up scarab's too (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/526649/scarab) They symbol "ideas of existence, manifestation, development, growth, and effectiveness" - sounds like if a pentacle was a bug this would be it! Scarabs are a symbol of sun god Khepri - maybe this was ciro's way of still putting in the sun since its not on the shield. I learned they are also a symbol of rebirth/resurrection.. maybe it has something to do with the battles our knight has survived and having to reinvent himself after warfare.

The rabbit and the grass take me back to the six of cups, which I think could reinforce the idea that the knight is ready to take a break and go back to simpler times.

Are those dragons on the cloak? The other nights just have symbols. If this knight hunts dragon's he's one bad dude or maybe its an intimation factor. Maybe its fancy to show "wealth".

He is the only one with the jousting stick too, after doing a google (http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/jousting.htm) it seems our knight was probably involved in jousting tournaments or warfare. Apparently, if hit with one even if your wearing armor it can do some serious damage.

Also learned from that site that horses are trained to kick on command and bite!! knight of wands is the only horse with his mouth in check! The others are all open. *ouch!*

I have been seeing a guy who is a veteran. He will sit and just watch others just to make sure everything is ok, if we go out to eat he always has to sit a certain direction so that he can see the door/have the widest view. He had a tough time serving, came back with ptsd so I could see the scarabs as how you have to reinvent yourself to get through it/come out of depression. He takes his time with things, and deep down he is sensitive but only a few people see his emotions.

Would love to hear more thoughts on this! I am going to reflect on what I've searched so far!!

spuffy87

That's funny. I've gotten it regarding a particular man as well. This is a knight that is very slow to action. To me he sits there watching everything, quietly taking it all in then he will act. He will not invest his time in a situation, issue, or relationship until he is ready or feels that they or the situation is worthy. And you are so right about someone who is sensitive but is very very careful about who he/she shows them to. This is the type of person who observes and notices EVERYTHING. They take it all in before making a decision. And when they make that decision they will stand their ground and fight for it. I see it as someone you can trust, someone very honorable. They have a presence.

coolkalikat

Kinght of Pentacles.

I am also getting this knight when I ask about a man friend used to be boyfriend. This knight is passively sitting there on his horse. He is practical, down to earth, grounded in the grass and on his horse who is also alert, waiting for the signal from the knight to move forward. The rabbit, shows fertility, but is also hiding in the overgrown grass indicating that the harvest of the riches are ready. the knight senses that there is something out there he is confident. He's waiting for the right moment to act. Not too sure about the scarebs, good input

serenitythyme

Love the extra research

I have been using the gilded tarot, as a new practitioner, for a little bit now. I have gone back to analyze the knight of pentacles card a bit more after reading each of the details that you each point out.
I saw the scarabs & rabbit as spirit guides or angels offering support & protection. Overlooking the tall nature of the grass, (I love nature), I noticed the green ribbon seeming to be coming from the tree, most likely the tip of the jousting weapon, yet over his head indicating to me to trust a higher power. The lack of the sun sign, says to me, remain humble, don't draw too much attention. I would love to hear what you think of this. Thanks

I'm trying to look deeper into this card as well! Its so confusing with all the hidden symbols. I am just guessing here!

I really like what we have so far beatrix and afrosaxon!

Some things I notice:

His shield is missing the sun sign. The only other card I've noticed missing it is the five of pentacles - the stained glass doesn't have it. Seems serious?

I looked up scarab's too (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/526649/scarab) They symbol "ideas of existence, manifestation, development, growth, and effectiveness" - sounds like if a pentacle was a bug this would be it! Scarabs are a symbol of sun god Khepri - maybe this was ciro's way of still putting in the sun since its not on the shield. I learned they are also a symbol of rebirth/resurrection.. maybe it has something to do with the battles our knight has survived and having to reinvent himself after warfare.

The rabbit and the grass take me back to the six of cups, which I think could reinforce the idea that the knight is ready to take a break and go back to simpler times.

Are those dragons on the cloak? The other nights just have symbols. If this knight hunts dragon's he's one bad dude or maybe its an intimation factor. Maybe its fancy to show "wealth".

He is the only one with the jousting stick too, after doing a google (http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/jousting.htm) it seems our knight was probably involved in jousting tournaments or warfare. Apparently, if hit with one even if your wearing armor it can do some serious damage.

Also learned from that site that horses are trained to kick on command and bite!! knight of wands is the only horse with his mouth in check! The others are all open. *ouch!*

I have been seeing a guy who is a veteran. He will sit and just watch others just to make sure everything is ok, if we go out to eat he always has to sit a certain direction so that he can see the door/have the widest view. He had a tough time serving, came back with ptsd so I could see the scarabs as how you have to reinvent yourself to get through it/come out of depression. He takes his time with things, and deep down he is sensitive but only a few people see his emotions.

Would love to hear more thoughts on this! I am going to reflect on what I've searched so far!!

HeatherRose

For me this knight is the "trudger"...when it comes to romantic relationships, I always see him as the one knight in the deck who's horse isn't in motion, so he is just sort of sitting and watching, thinking, taking stock of everything, being very careful, not moving too fast, or even at all (like not proposing to his mate, not initiating any forward movement, etc.)
In a basic reading, I still see him this way, but also perhaps looking closely at contracts or anything to do with money, maybe being a bit cautious with funds, or even going over finances with a fine toothed comb...again, just taking his time, not in a rush to do, change, say, help,...anything.