What is the best tarot resource you've found?

spookyboo22

John Ballantrae on you tube. The best by far in my opinion x

Edward Tarot Hands

Apart from all the knowledgable folks on here, Rachel pollacks book 78 degrees of wisdom and the Book of Thoth
Doing some independent research on colour, number, animal etc symbolism is useful
Paul Case's books are good too

Ruby Jewel

I'm still pretty new to tarot (under a year) and I have passion for it now. I'd love to learn and grow my understanding as well as intuition. I'd love to hear what everyone's favorite classes, books, and any other resources may be.
TIA
Jules

I've been reading tarot cards and tarot books since the 70's and in my opinion, Nancy Shavick is the best. "The Tarot" by her is still affordable.

Le Fanu

Yes, here. It's got that human, organic slant -untouched by copy editors and with a few rough edges.

Of the books, I find that with time I go back more and more to Rachel Pollock's Tarot Wisdom.

I love Benebel's too - an absolute triumph - but it's so heavy and I often wished I could take it with me to the park and sit under a tree reading - so I bought it on kindle and it has no detailed contents and so you just CAN'T find your way around it like you would with the book.

barefootlife

I think others have pointed out the best classic book resources for things, and also that this forum is a great resource. I also like littleredtarot.com, which is a very queer/intersectionality focused tarot website. Biddytarot is one of the original online greats, and while she's a bit too business oriented for me, has some great basic information available for free. So does Benebel Wen.

Going outside just 'learning tarot', depending on your reading style knowing a bit about things like cognitive behavioral therapy and just mental illness and coping techniques in general can add depth and perspective to your readings. A lot of people's questions for the cards come from places of doubt, worry, and fear, and having insights into the roots and behaviors associated with those things is another great tool in the toolbox that can let you delve deeper into a spread.

Nemia

I love Benebel's too - an absolute triumph - but it's so heavy and I often wished I could take it with me to the park and sit under a tree reading - so I bought it on kindle and it has no detailed contents and so you just CAN'T find your way around it like you would with the book.

Concerning the Kindle version of Benebell's great book: I highlight subtitles and add notes paragraphs that help me find again what I find important. Go to - notes appears next to the content. In a way, it's like adding your own table of contents. It's not ideal but it helps.

And it seems I'll have to add Tarot Wisdom to my ever-expanding tarot library.... ETA: I see that I have it on my Kindle but didn't read it yet! That's what I will do now.

Le Fanu

Concerning the Kindle version of Benebell's great book: I highlight subtitles and add notes paragraphs that help me find again what I find important. Go to - notes appears next to the content. In a way, it's like adding your own table of contents. It's not ideal but it helps.
Thanks. I think the thing I most like about this book is the section which goes through all 78 cards in detail one by one. I just wish that each card appeared on the contents page, like in the book! I'd find that so useful. Can't believe this oversight!

Celtgirl420

I like Kim Huggens. I'm reading Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards. I really love her style.

Benebell probably has the best book ever written as far as resources go.

I also love the international Tarot Foundation. Many resources available through their development group on Facebook as well as through their courses online.

And I agree that this site is a very valuable resource! So much to adventure here!

DJP

This forum aside, Yoav Ben-Dov's The Open Reading is excellent. It is geared towards Marseille style decks, but, as a beginner that only uses RWS, I've found the info it contains on reading technique and interpretations for the majors to be very helpful and inspiring.

Mary Greer's blog also has a great archive to wade through.

Barleywine

If I had to pick only one, it would have to be the Book of Thoth because it ranges so far beyond simple interpretation. Enough esoteric food for thought in it for a lifetime of study.

Jim Eshelman's Liber Theta is a pretty good one, too.