Yes and No answers

NuggetMagic

I was watching a video on how to get Yes and No answers in Tarot - it suggested that you pull your first 3 cards and if you get a Wheel of Fortune it's typically a Yes and if you get a Death card it's a No. But then there are all the other cards which can crop up which lead to these answers but can be less clear....
If you don't get either the WoF or Death card, how do you read a Yes or No generally?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, NuggetMagic!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. If you wish to have a general discussion on how to interpret cards from Yes/No readings, then that discussion may be had here in UTC. But you'll need to remove mention of the specific cards.

If you wish to discuss the two readings you've posted, this thread will need to be moved to the Your Readings forum. But you'll have to provide your own interpretations for all 17 cards you've posted. Aeclectic is a learning forum. If you want to learn how to read tarot, the best way is to try. It's too easy to say, "I don't know. Tell me the answer." That's not allowed here.

Other posters, please hold off until NuggetMagic either removes mention of the cards or provides interpretations for them.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

NuggetMagic

how do I edit a post?

Hi, thanks for your response. I've just edited it.

rwcarter

In the lower right corner of the post (near the post number), you should see a button that says "Edit".

Barleywine

On her blog, Mary K. Greer describes a Yes/No spread that uses the Wheel of Fortune as a "Yes," "No" or "Maybe" index depending on where it falls in the spread. I have a spread I created (it's listed in my spread index in the Tarot Spreads sub-forum) that considers a range of probability using Elemental Dignities. I also have a table posted somewhere here that gives a list of what I call "Yes-leaning," "No-leaning" and "Maybe" cards that I consider as inputs in a reading but don't use as absolutes.

NuggetMagic

On her blog, Mary K. Greer describes a Yes/No spread that uses the Wheel of Fortune as a "Yes," "No" or "Maybe" index depending on where it falls in the spread. I have a spread I created (it's listed in my spread index in the Tarot Spreads sub-forum) that considers a range of probability using Elemental Dignities. I also have a table posted somewhere here that gives a list of what I call "Yes-leaning," "No-leaning" and "Maybe" cards that I consider as inputs in a reading but don't use as absolutes.

Thanks, that's great - I've just found the Mary K Greer blog online that you're referring to which I'm going to practice. I'll read through your responses and try to find the Elemental Dignities and the table.

rwcarter

I was watching a video on how to get Yes and No answers in Tarot - it suggested that you pull your first 3 cards and if you get a Wheel of Fortune it's typically a Yes and if you get a Death card it's a No. But then there are all the other cards which can crop up which lead to these answers but can be less clear....
If you don't get either the WoF or Death card, how do you read a Yes or No generally?
From your description of the construct of the spread, it sounds like neither card appearing means MAYBE. You'd have to look at the three cards to see whether it's Maybe Yes, Maybe No or just Maybe.

NuggetMagic

From your description of the construct of the spread, it sounds like neither card appearing means MAYBE. You'd have to look at the three cards to see whether it's Maybe Yes, Maybe No or just Maybe.

Thank you.