6 of cups reversed

almalibrarian01

When 6 of cups appears reversed in a reading, I interpret it as an idyllic situation, or an idealized situation, coming 'down to earth' or becoming more grounded somehow.

Does anyone have any other interpretations for this?

Alma

Adriana

just like to add a recent experience with the card.

For a long time, surely because of intense stress and anxiety I had a problem with becoming intensely nauseous when eating out with other people and only then (I would still eat although it wasn't easy) It was strange as it's something I've never had problems with before. I love food and gatherings! This turned into a bad cycle with anxiety knowing it would hapoen and starting to avoid situations I knew it could happen.
Then the causes for my stress started to go away.
In Christmas I asked before visiting family what my experience would be (having this problem in mind) and 4 of cups reversed came up.

I had a great time, no problems whatsoever with nausea it's like the card upright could be nausea (you feel not like eating and seeing it you rather not relate to it) but now I happily opened up for all that. Also emotionally of course it was a nice time with family. Also now I don't have the problem at all.

So I see it as becoming more open and observant to new things

elena_jaymz

Hi Alma, to me a 4 Cups Reversed could mean end of boredom, apathia and dissatisfaction, that is things are starting to look up for the querent, because he/she is more prone to be open to new possibilities and life in general. He/she is feeling more motivated and willing to take some initiative.

almalibrarian01

Hi Alma, to me a 4 Cups Reversed could mean end of boredom, apathia and dissatisfaction, that is things are starting to look up for the querent, because he/she is more prone to be open to new possibilities and life in general. He/she is feeling more motivated and willing to take some initiative.

Hi,

I am so sorry I must've made a typo! i meant to discuss the 6 of cups reversed, not 4 of cups! Do you have any thoughts on this?

elena_jaymz

Hi,

I am so sorry I must've made a typo! i meant to discuss the 6 of cups reversed, not 4 of cups! Do you have any thoughts on this?

Ah sorry! So 6 Cups Reversed, I would say there's too much clinging on the past, the querent probably hasn't dealt with his/her past issues yet and this is preventing him/her from moving on in life. There's a strong need to live in the present, as the past is over and unfortunately can't be changed.

Thirteen

When 6 of cups appears reversed in a reading, I interpret it as an idyllic situation, or an idealized situation, coming 'down to earth' or becoming more grounded somehow.
I'm curious as to why you think this. What do you thing the upright 6/Cups means?

The 6/Cups is sometimes titled: "known joy" meaning something you're comfortable with. Something that reliably makes you happy. To me, an rx of that card would be like....like going to a restaurant you loved as a child and having your favorite dessert from that place only to find it too sweet and cloying for your adult palate. Or you discover some keepsake in your closet, a favorite quilt, for example, that you've long refused to give away...and you suddenly decide, "It's time to give this away."

Or, of course, you meet up with a friend who has always been closer than a sibling to you and always knows how to comfort you and make you laugh...and realize they've changed, or you've changed. And you know that the friendship isn't the same and you have to let them go.

What gave you so much comfort...doesn't any more.

almalibrarian01

I'm curious as to why you think this. What do you thing the upright 6/Cups means?

The 6/Cups is sometimes titled: "known joy" meaning something you're comfortable with. Something that reliably makes you happy. To me, an rx of that card would be like....like going to a restaurant you loved as a child and having your favorite dessert from that place only to find it too sweet and cloying for your adult palate. Or you discover some keepsake in your closet, a favorite quilt, for example, that you've long refused to give away...and you suddenly decide, "It's time to give this away."

Or, of course, you meet up with a friend who has always been closer than a sibling to you and always knows how to comfort you and make you laugh...and realize they've changed, or you've changed. And you know that the friendship isn't the same and you have to let them go.

What gave you so much comfort...doesn't any more.

Hi!

I drew 6 of cups reversed in response to a relationship/friendship I have with someone overseas. He had always been very kind to me and a good friend. I had broken up with his best friend and he was a huge support and comfort to me after the breakup.

Unfortunately the distance and extenuating circumstances which make it dangerous for him to contact me (it's a long story) has cast a lot of doubts on my understanding of the friendship. I now am not sure where we stand; I always thought he cared much for me and always had that impression, and not too long ago I did a reading with a friend of mine and she drew the same card for us, but upright, 6 of cups upright. Now I am drawing it reversed in answer to my question, "what will happen to me and this person? what lies ahead for us?"

And yet I feel unable to let go of my past impressions of his kindness and goodwill toward me. So I wonder what the card is trying to tell me...is it all over for us? I just find it hard to believe because just a few short weeks ago he contacted me and was quite fond and asked how I was doing after the breakup. So I feel confused about how to interpret this card, when my experience of him has always been largely positive and loving.

almalibrarian01

also...

Also, my interpretation of 6 of cups upright is a situation or relationship that is full of joy but possibly idealized in some way. The card very much has an innocent and fairy-tale like feeling to it. Something very sweet but possibly a little removed from hard reality?

My interpretation therefore of 6 of cups reversed is maybe this idealized situation becoming clearer and more realistic in some way.

almalibrarian01

Ah sorry! So 6 Cups Reversed, I would say there's too much clinging on the past, the querent probably hasn't dealt with his/her past issues yet and this is preventing him/her from moving on in life. There's a strong need to live in the present, as the past is over and unfortunately can't be changed.

Yes unfortunately I broke up with this guy's best friend about 9 months ago. Thankfully we stayed friends but now I am in a position where I feel like I don't know where we stand anymore. A few weeks ago he wrote me and sounded very fond and asked if me and his friend ever made up again. But since then I haven't heard from him and so I wonder where we stand...so I pulled 6 of cups reversed and what you say sounds about right with how I feel now, but it makes me wonder if there is still hope for us to keep our friendship.

almalibrarian01

just like to add a recent experience with the card.

For a long time, surely because of intense stress and anxiety I had a problem with becoming intensely nauseous when eating out with other people and only then (I would still eat although it wasn't easy) It was strange as it's something I've never had problems with before. I love food and gatherings! This turned into a bad cycle with anxiety knowing it would hapoen and starting to avoid situations I knew it could happen.
Then the causes for my stress started to go away.
In Christmas I asked before visiting family what my experience would be (having this problem in mind) and 4 of cups reversed came up.

I had a great time, no problems whatsoever with nausea it's like the card upright could be nausea (you feel not like eating and seeing it you rather not relate to it) but now I happily opened up for all that. Also emotionally of course it was a nice time with family. Also now I don't have the problem at all.

So I see it as becoming more open and observant to new things

Thanks I like the interpretation of it becoming more open to new things. I would never have thought of it that way.