ANCIENT EGYPTIAN TAROT - Studying Clive Barrett's version

Moongold

Now that we are reaching the end of one aspect of the study of the Major Arcana it might be good to do a reflective exercise of some kind.

One idea I had was for each of us to choose a Major Arcana image and speak to yourself as child about the qualities of the God/s within the image and what they bring to the world.

Try to relate it to the world you lived in. Perhaps imagine yourself in a real life situation being visited byt the God/s and being given some gentle advice about what to do. It can be humorous, serious. long or short.

It may relate to that tennis team you didn't make, or that little brother that you couldn't stand, or the Parish Priest who used to rattle on on Sundays. Or it could provide some strategies you could have employed to get A grades - anything like that.

It might be fun and valuable to look at the Egyptian Gods through the eyes of an innocent child. What do you think? I think I would choose VII Chariot for example.

If you have another idea, that would be terrific as well.

Kate

Moongold

As I wrote the above I remembered a colleague who used to hate this kind of introspective exercise. I tried doing it myself and it is actually quite difficult LOL.

Perhaps am alternative would be to choose three cards from ths major arcana and do a sentence to summarize each one's meaning for the contemporary world we live in.

I just chose three at random right now:

IV Empress : Mother Earth makes her gifts and beauty available to all of us if we want them, even at the most barren of times..

XXI World : Each human being is one seed and our journey is always of potential as well as achievement

IX Hermit None of us is ever truly alone, despite the cult of individualism and Maggie Thatcher's horrific little gem of social analysis.

aaquwaa

Hi Moongold,
Judgements up. Sorry to be so slow.
Aaquwaa

Jewel-ry

Just to let you all know I havn't been around much for the last couple of weeks but I still intend doing Star - hopefully in the next couple of days.

Look forward to reading all the added posts too!

:)

contrascarpe

Sorry everyone, but I have been rather out of it lately.

Still planning on doing the Emperor here, hopefully this weekend sometime.

Dan

Moongold

Have just added XVII Star and XX Judgement to the overall index of threads.

Thanks Contrascarpe. Look forward to seeing it. Think of yourself in that role - soon :).

Moongold

Ancient Egyptian Study Group - Taking a break

SweetIsTheTruth's post just brought the Study Group back to mind. It has been quite inactive for a little while.

I am actually taking a break from active participation in Aeclectic for some time. I will visit for study but not post very often.

If anyone in the group would like to pick up responsibility for co-ordinating things, that would be wonderful.

If you look at early posts in this thread you can see I have started to create an index.

Perhaps the Moderators could add this to the commencement of the thread?

Many thanks for your participation up to now. Hope someone else does pick this up and run with it :).

Kate

SweetIsTheTruth

Moongold's absence

Hi everyone. I don't know the reasons for Moongold's break from the website of the study group. However, I have no doubts at all her reasons are sound and such a break is necessary. I hope we all support her in her decision and wish her well. I am open to suggestions from anyone else as to how it might be best to proceed here. I know my entry for the Devil is due and plan to get to work on it soon. Are there any trumps left beyond the Devil? If not, should we proceed forward on the pips? I think it would be best if we mutually decide how best to proceed until Moongold returns. I am anxious to hear of anyone's suggestions.