The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

BlueDragonfly

I vote for a 'close to the same size' trimming, the bag is over half done and won't fit cards that are very much bigger than the RWS.

I think the deck traveling around to everyone is a great idea. That way we all get to see the deck we're creating.

Celice

BlueDragonfly said:
I vote for a 'close to the same size' trimming, the bag is over half done and won't fit cards that are very much bigger than the RWS.

Yeah I agree. I think people are getting the wrong idea about the trimming. I think they are thinking all the cards will be trimmed? The original idea as I understood it was to just trim the few cards that were the wrong size to fit with the majority of the cards. That way the deck will be able to be shuffled and match... Almost all of the cards won't even need trimming.

Le Fanu

Celice said:
The original idea as I understood it was to just trim the few cards that were the wrong size to fit with the majority of the cards. That way the deck will be able to be shuffled and match... Almost all of the cards won't even need trimming.
Yes, that is how I see it. Most cards are *broadly* the same size. I think it can stay like that and be shufflable. I personally don't feel the need to have all cards exactly the same size. Gregory's large Thoth Chariot will need to be trimmed but most can stay the same, I think.

I have always loved the idea of a travelling deck. Otherwise, the only people who will see the completed monster will be me & the winner and thus most of you wonderful people out there who contributed so lovingly will not get to see it, which I think is a shame...

I reckon it is going to be well worth seeing in its finished form....

Briar Rose

oh good. A traveling deck.

I am putting it out to the universe that I hope I am the winner. I love mismatched cards. I love the ones I have! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

This deck is going to take months to go around. Kewl. We can all post how we feel about it when the deck arrives. I am looking forward to this. It is very exciting.

gregory

Depends how many of us... It took well over a year for the travelling decks to get around the world. A suggestion therefore - when it is ready (note optimism here!!) - sort people out so it covers one continent at a time etc..... Trust me -monitoring progress is a nightmare..... Been there; got many T-shirts !

And yes - just trimming so that it is "usable." I have - for instance - some cards from the Mind Body Spirit deck - MUCH too small - they would vanish when being shuffled.... Would we accept LS minis ? Micro cards (I have some less than an inch high - not to offer up, but if someone did have....)

zan_chan

Ever see the movie Amelie? Remember the flight attendant taking pictures of the lawn gnome at famous monuments all over the world...?

gregory

Ever look at the journal of the first travelling deck ???? (I thin Solandia has taken it down now, but the thread is still there, and has all sorts of photos !)

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Depends how many of us... It took well over a year for the travelling decks to get around the world. A suggestion therefore - when it is ready (note optimism here!!) - sort people out so it covers one continent at a time etc..... Trust me -monitoring progress is a nightmare..... Been there; got many T-shirts !
crikey, yes. I'd never really thought of the logistics. Do people forget to send travelling decks on & stuff? How does one officially monitor it? Isn't it just a question of sending it on (yes, one continent at a time, so BlueDragonfly, Cat*, gregory & Wendy & Pipistrelle would be among the first to see it!)??

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

minis by the way wouldn't be a good idea as I put in my OP. Bigger cards can be trimmed, smaller cards just slip around. I find that if a card is slightly shorter, it isn't such a problem, but if a card is significantly narrower & shorter, then it would slip around...

gregory

Le Fanu said:
crikey, yes. I'd never really thought of the logistics. Do people forget to send travelling decks on & stuff? How does one officially monitor it? Isn't it just a question of sending it on (yes, one continent at a time, so BlueDragonfly, Cat*, gregory & Wendy & Pipistrelle would be among the first to see it!)??

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it...
It is an expletive not deleted nightmare - but yes, it can be done.

Da boss (hello Lefanu.... })) maintains a post at the start of a thread (easiest, so we can all find it !) with a list of who gets it, in order; there is a time limit (we said it MUST be posted by the fifth day or you didn't get to join in the raffle !) and people have to contact the person ahead of them when their turn is getting close, to make sure they aren't away (we had a bad few weeks last time, when someone in Chile was on vacation and couldn't be reached...) and exchange addresses. And they should tell YOU when it arrives and when they mail it on (and to whom, just in case.....) And you MUST get proof of posting - and keep it, in case there is a dispute about when you REALLY mailed.....Also just in case. It took 4 weeks to get to India.... That was scary.....

If there IS a glitch (for instance, with the first deck my posting date would have been a Sunday so I would have lost a whole day with the deck, so I got special permission to mail on the Monday !) you MUST be told. Breaking the rules knocks you out of the raffle.

minis by the way wouldn't be a good idea as I put in my OP. Bigger cards can be trimmed, smaller cards just slip around. I find that if a card is slightly shorter, it isn't such a problem, but if a card is significantly narrower & shorter, then it would slip around...
Absolutely. I was just making the point that there comes a point where other sizes have to be ruled out. I would rule out my Spiral card for that sort of reason !

Le Fanu

Sounds exciting. How long do people get to keep it for? Is it five days or is five days just the *toleration* limit for posting?