Lover's Path Tarot update

artandwords

I noticed that there was a thread on the forum which mentioned I was working on a new tarot deck, The Lover's Path. I wanted to update you to let you know that I've finished it; it will be out this fall from US Games as a deck and book set. I'm very excited to be able to announce this -- I've spent the past year working many, many intense hours on this project, so it's great to see it come to fruition.

If you're interested in viewing all of the art (and I hope you will be :), The Lover's Path Tarot is posted at http://www.loverspath.com. Also on the site: free online oracle, free desktop themes, the introduction from the LPT book, and a custom spread from the book. There's also a journal which gives some details about the creation of the LPT, which I wrote, illustrated and designed.

If you have any questions about the LPT, I'm happy to answer them via this thread. I hope you enjoy the advance peek!

Cerulean

Oh yes, great news!

A pending date would be great, but it takes so much time to print and ship...hope you got news it won't be a literal slow boat from a far continent making the way to buyers...sometimes dock strikes or holidays or trucks/tornado delays seem to delay shipments of eagerly awaited titles....

Cerulean Mari

P.S> I signed up for the mailing list based on what I read in the forums. Thanks for starting this thread

artandwords

Slow boat from China....

I know what you mean -- it does take a while for things to ship. Last I heard, US Games was planning on a September 2004 release date, but I'm saying October 2004 just in case of delays. Preliminary decks will be in the US next month, as well as several advance copies of the entire deck and book set. :)

sirona86

cant seem to access your site--> " cant find the specified site"

seneris

sirona86 said:
cant seem to access your site--> " cant find the specified site"

that's because the link isn't correct: there's a dot in the address. Remove it and the weblink works perfectly fine.

So it's:
http://www.loverspath.com/

le pendu

Hi Kris,

The deck is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on the manifestation of such a lovely concept.

Looks like I'll have another great deck to purchase this fall.

I like the artwork so much that I looked at the site for prints. A question.. On one of the majors (which I particularly like) the title says Merlin/Morgan Le Fey, yet on the print it is listed as Merlin and Vivianne. Are Vivianne and Morgan Le Fey the same person? I'm not familar enough with the legend to know. Is there a story here?

Again, wonderful job!

robert

artandwords

good catch!

Actually, I have to fix that -- the type on the card should say Merlin and Vivianne. When I was first researching the deck, I was unclear about the identity of Morgan/Vivianne/the Lady of the Lake, since some of the legends use them interchangeably -- gets a little confusing. But the final story I decided to use features Vivanne rather than Morgan.

Think I'll go fix it now....

Thanks for the catch, as well as your kind words.

Summerdream

So, the deck should be available this fall. I can hardly wait. I've been staring at the images on your website for a long time. Will there be a companion book too?

Summerdream

artandwords

Yes!

There's a companion book which will be published with the deck, as part of a deluxe set. It's similar in format to US Games' Complete Tarot Kit.

Thanks for your kind words about the art. :)