What type of person is this....

le.jour.obscurcit

214red said:
sadly i cant do that at work as i cant access photobucket or anything of that nature, also its a gif file from astro.com so you should be able to zoom in, there are size restrictions on AT so you have to compress the file

If I were able to zoom in, I wouldn't have said anything...

lilangel09

dadsnook2000 said:
This is an interesting chart. My eye was immediately taken to the Ascending Sun-Neptune-Mercury conjunction in Sag., with the Ascendant in Scorpio. I was writing elsewhere today that there is a big difference between a planet (or in this case, planets) in the first house and a planet(s) on the Ascendant.

What is on the Ascendant is who we are, what we think, our attitudes, actions, decisions. What is in the first house, on the other hand, is what we experience, our environment, the nature of what we find about us.

I'm not familiar with this concept and would like some clarification. How does a person differentiate what's in the first house and what's on the Ascendant? If planets are in the same sign as the Ascendant and in the first house, are they considered to be on the Ascendant?

ncefafn

lilangel09 said:
I'm not familiar with this concept and would like some clarification. How does a person differentiate what's in the first house and what's on the Ascendant? If planets are in the same sign as the Ascendant and in the first house, are they considered to be on the Ascendant?

I think what Dave is saying is that planets that are conjunct the Ascendant are different from planets that are in the first house but not in aspect to the Ascendant. For instance, I have Moon and Jupiter in the first house, but only the Moon is in aspect to the Ascendant. Therefore, as I understand the theory, the Moon is who I am -- moody, sensitive, retiring, changeable. Jupiter is what I experience -- great good fortune.

I wonder if planets that make hard aspects to the Ascendant from other houses are considered to be "on" the Ascendant for this purpose as well?

lilangel09

ncefafn said:
I think what Dave is saying is that planets that are conjunct the Ascendant are different from planets that are in the first house but not in aspect to the Ascendant. For instance, I have Moon and Jupiter in the first house, but only the Moon is in aspect to the Ascendant. Therefore, as I understand the theory, the Moon is who I am -- moody, sensitive, retiring, changeable. Jupiter is what I experience -- great good fortune

Oh, okay. I understand now. Thank you very much for clearing that up! :)

Kibeth

The Sagi sun and Scorpio ascendant combination strikes me as a lucky guy, as per Sagittarius sun, but may be acting extremely pessimistic because he believes talking about it would drown out that same luck somehow. But his naturally lucky streak will out.

To have such a dark Rising sign makes one wonder what kind of things he'd have been through.

214red

Kibeth said:
2455205962571xxx.gif
thanks muchly kibeth

214red

Thanks dadsnook2000 for the start off!

There are already a lot of good comments, i picked this chart because he and his chart is very interesting. His job links very closely to how he relates emotionally, its an occupation you really can see a mars in scorpio do.

also the 7th house is a big clue to his love life

will feedback tomorrow

franniee

I copy it to my desktop and open it in preview or a picture opening program and then I can zoom.

dadsnook2000

Lots of stuff left in this chart to comment upon

Well, the astrological comments on this chart have been few and far between. I'm sure that somebody would like to conjecture about:

Virgo MC with Pluto in the 10th.

Venus/Mars in the 11th sextile Moon in the 8th/9th.

Saturn trine Uranus, 7th to 11th.

Venturing views and discussing those views is how we learn. Dave

ncefafn

Well, okay, I'll try. With the ruler of the ascendant in the 11th house (Mars - I use the old rulers), this makes me think that he's a very philanthropic person, cares very much about making the world a better place, and about the groups he belongs to. With the Sun conj Neptune, I expect that he's a very kind and sensitive person, which makes me think he's in some sort of helping profession. This to me is echoed by the ruler of the 10th conj Neptune as well.